Friday, 28 June 2013

Joyous Celebration

Morning All,
The other day, my neighbour asked if I would make two Christening cards for Sunday!!  I immediately went into panic mode - TWO cards for Sunday....it's been such a long time since I have made a card that I was not sure my mojo was in any mood to create. Luckily, the neighbour wanted both cards the same as they were for twins - phew!!

My neighbour knew exactly what she wanted which really helped - pink and silver with a cross and this is what I came up with.


The swirl is stamped with Versamark and embossed in silver and the words are computer generated.  The cross was cut by hand and the edges punched with a corner punch.  I don't have any dies that would make a cross so had to wing it - will definitely be getting one soon :0)  I kept the design nice and simple and am very pleased with the final result.  My neighbour was thankfully over the moon with them and announced that she would need a couple more cards in the next week or two so it would seem that I shall be back to making cards and hopefully back to blogging!!

Thank you so much for sticking with me.
Hugs
Denise xxx

I would like to enter my cards into the following challenges:-
Party Time Tuesdays #126 - Anything Goes
Stamp with Fun #217 - Celebrate
Crafting When We Can #47 - Keep It Simple



13 comments:

Lorraine said...

These are gorgeous. The crosses look fab and I love the swirl.
Lorraine x

Doreen said...

Beautiful....great design and colours.xxx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Maritha said...

Woooow! They are just stunning! Lovely cards :) ♥

Hugs

Christine L said...

So elegant and beautiful Denise... fabulous!

Hugs
Christine x

coops said...

wow these are beautiful denise.so classy :D

xx coops xx

Berni Cuttino said...

Fabulous card the image is simply gorgeous. Thanks for joining in on the fun over at TTCRD. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni,DT
craftdoormagazine.com.

Wishcraft said...

They're lovely Denise, so stylish! Hugs, Lisa x

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, these are really gorgeous, hugs Pops x x x

PAC CHARITY CARDS said...

Beautiful card, so much care and attention to details
Thanks for joining us at Crafting when we can
Hugs CAZ

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Beautiful cards Denise - the swirly background stamping is fabulous. Love the pink and silver combination - thank goodness you were asked to make two of the same at such short notice!
Hope you are well - hugs, Sylvia xxx

Faith A said...

Oh! WOW, loving these, great idea to punch with corner dies, love the pink daisies too.

Nice to see you back, don't know why I missed this post!

Andrea said...

Very nice creation - I like it. Thanks for joining Stamp with Fun.
Big hug
Andrea-Emmi41