Wednesday, 23 January 2013

I've Been Busy!!

Good Morning All,
Well, my card making mojo may still be on an very extended Christmas break but I have not been idle.  All this rotten snow that we have been having prompted me to get out my knitting needles and knit up some warm items for when I am walking the dog.  It's been years since I have knitted anything to wear and I have really enjoyed it :0)



I started with a simple straight cowl . The yarn used is Aran so it knitted up really quickly. This is mine and the one below is taken from the actual pattern to show you what it looks like on.



Having had such fun making this one, I decided to get a bit more adventurous and made this Cowboy Cowl. Again knitted in Aran and again, great fun.

This is mine......

and this is taken from the pattern.  I hope you like.

Thanks so much for looking. I am really hoping my card making mojo returns soon so that I shall have something else to show you.
Hugs
Denise xx



10 comments:

Deb said...

They are both so gorgeous and so perfect for this awful cold January!
Debxx

Lorraine said...

Fabulous knitting. Love the pattern and so useful in this weather too.
Lorraine x

Vicky said...

Awww these are gorgeous hun...look so snuggley and warm..just wish I could knit like that...:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Chris said...

They are absolutely gorgeous Denise and I so want to make one now :-)! I think the cowl would be something I would wear, will have to see if I can find a pattern.

Thanks for your lovely comment earlier, I really appreciated it. Belated happy new year sweetie. Hugs, Chris x

Judy said...

Oh gosh..you need to loose your mojo more often! These are fabulous, and I do NOT do cold. I have something similar to the first one, but it's not knitted. The second one, I'm in love with!! WTG you.

xo
Judy

coops said...

wow these are gorgeous denise.i love to see handknitted clothing but i can`t wear wool myself :S

xx coops xx

Faith A said...

WOW WOW and lots more WOWs, these are fabulous, you clever girl, mojo may be a different one, 'cause this is certainly a fab idea.

Faye said...

Oi... Gorgeous cards and now gorgeous knitwear too. Enough already, leave some talent for the rest of us! Do you take orders? X

Inger said...

Wowwwwww these are gorgeous!!!
Love your work! :)
Have a nice weekend.

♥ Inger

Wishcraft said...

Oh I've not done any knitting for years... wonder if I could even remember how! These are just fabulous Denise :o) Hugs, Lisa x