Thursday, 15 November 2012

DYSU Challenge #98

Good Morning,
Hope you are all well and ready for our latest challenge over at Do You Stack Up? Our theme this week is "RAINBOWS" . This can be interpreted in many ways - bright, colourful designs or maybe a rainbow image. Can't wait to see your interpretation.


Our generous sponsors this week are.......

Uniko Studio - £15 Gift Certificate

The Alley Way Stamps - $20 Gift Certificate

How often do you visualise a card in your head only to find that the finished result is not what you had pictured at all? Well this card is one of those!! I have used a Uniko Studio Digi paper set called "Eclectic Mix Summer" which contains some gorgeously bright, modern designs but I was not at all happy with this card. In fact this is about the third design I came up with and still was not happy - LOL - so I decided to make another one.

And this one I am really happy with. I have used the butterfly and one of the sentiments from the "English Country Garden" digital stamp set which contains some lovely verses and images. As you can see, I am still in CAS mode and am really enjoying these style of cards at the moment.

Close up of the somewhat fanciful butterfly :0)

Ingredients:-
Medium - Promarkers
Heart Shapes - cut on my Cricut
Heart Card Sentiment - generated on the computer
Border - Memory Box Summer Border Die
Ribbon - stash
Card - The Papermill

So these are my Rainbow creations and if you want to see even more, pop on over to the DYSU Challenge blog. The rest of the team have created some beauties for your inspiration. That's all from me for today - thank you so much for looking.
Hugs and Happy Crafting
Denise xx

I would like to enter the Butterfly card into the following challenges -
Divas By Design #61 - Anything Goes
Penny's Paper Crafty #102 - Anything Goes

I would like to enter the Heart card into the following challenges -
Anything Goes #80 - Stitching Real or Faux
Top Tip Tuesday #89 - We're All Heart







33 comments:

Faye said...

Morning Denise. I think the heart card is lovely. But, I really, really, really, really like the butterfly one. The butterfly is beautiful and looks fab with the white flower detail. Very nice indeedy. X

Jules said...

Hi Denise

I love both cards!!

Fabby sentiment and ideas on the first one .. .. but an amazing finished look on the second.

Love your die peeping out from under your ribbon and that butterfly is awesome (and the perfect sentiment too). No wonder you are "really happy". I would be too.

Love Jules xx

Doreen said...

Two gorgeous card,love them both.xxx

Vicky said...

Sweetie that happens to me soooooo many times. These are gorgeous sweetie I sooooooooo love the 2nd one, its my fave yes cus it has butterfly lol. Its lush hunni.
I made a couple of CAS cards the other day I havnt blogged them yet, 1 of them I truly like.....there's a first for me when I do CAS I normally dislike them, well they are hard for me lol.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Mary J said...

Gorgeous! Fab use ofthe papers in the first and love how you used the ribbon against the embossing in the second - lovely Denise!

Tracy said...

It really can get frustrating when your project refuses to cooperate. LOL I think the hearts are cute, but I have to say that butterfly is absolutely stunning especially on the CAS white background with that bit of embossing. It's so striking! Beautiful projects Denise. :-) Hugs!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards.

Hugs Riet.xx

Penny said...

I think both cards are wonderful! :^)
This butterfly card is just fabulous! I love your butterfly, which you have colored beautifully! Love the die cut and pretty bow as well as the sentiment. Great design! Thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD. Hope to see you again next week! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Dawn said...

Oh that butterfly is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Divas this week x

Suzilou said...

Oh wowsers Denise these are both gorgeous am loving your CAS style. Don't think I can pick a favourite they are both stunning :) xxx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Denise. I really love your colourfull butterfly, so pretty.
Lorraine x

coops said...

both so gorgeous denise and wow to your butterfly card, i really love that one :D

xx coops xx

Samantha said...

Fabulous Idea and cards bursting with colour!
Thanks for Playing along with us this time at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, Samantha :0)

MANSI said...

Very cute Card!!!Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges

Pop's Cards said...

Hey sweetie these are both just amazing, huggles Pops x x x

xxxtglxxx said...

How nifty are these, and both so different! :) I love em!

Love the sentiments too, they are brilliant! :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Judy said...

Wow..these are fantastic..that butterfly card is something else!

Judy
:)

KraftyKoolKat said...

Both are gorgeous Denise but the butterfly has a slight edge.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Faith A said...

Hiya Denise, these are wonderfully bright and cheerful. love the CAS effect, it shows the colours off to their advantage.
Didn't mean to sound formal, but the cards are lovely :)

princesskitten said...

love all those jazzy colours

Thrifty Finn said...

I love the bright, Caribbean colours! Thanks for joining Craft Your Passion this week!
-Niina
thriftyfinn.wordpress.com

Wendy said...

These are gorgeous, love that butterfly...Thanks for playing along at Divas by Design this week.
Wendy xx

Melanie said...

Gorgeous cards!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Anything goes" challenge & good luck in the draw…
Hope to see you again in our new challenge on Wednesday.

Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

ahlers5 said...

Wow, that butterfly is absolutely amazing!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Denise - I know exactly what you mean about the finished result not resembling what you had in your mind - it happens to me all the time!!!
Your heart card is fab., but my fave is the butterfly card - it's absolutely stunning.
Hugs, Sylvia xx

Steph said...

What a sweet design, love the papers and colours and the sentiment is so cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Anything Goes this week, hope to see you again soon! x

Darlene Lyons said...

Stunning! I love the pop of colour on that butterfly! Thanks for sharing it with us at TTCRD!

tampatha said...

These are stunning! I love the bold rainbow colors! Thanks for joining us at Penny Paper Crafty Challenges this week.
Tammy DT

Jeanette M. said...

Beautiful cards! I just love the butterfly card - simply gorgeous! Congrats on your win at Craft Your Passion!!

Wishcraft said...

I think they're both gorgeous Denise! Love the colours and fab designs. I know what you mean though - I often have a completely different card in my head to the one I end up with! Have a lovely evening hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Jude said...

Two beautiful cards Denise, but my favourite has to be the butterfly one, just stunning!

Hugs
Judex

June Nelson said...

Wowser hunnie both cards are fabulous, that butterfly is just soooo beautiful, amazing cards love em big huggies June xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cathy Clouston said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at Craft Your Passion!