Tuesday, 30 October 2012

Home Sweet (Birdhouse) Home!!

Good Morning All,
Hope you are fine on this sunny, if cold, morning and those of you on the East Coast of America, I hope Sandy is not causing too many problems and that you are all safe.

Today I thought I would share something a bit different with you.  When I moved into my new flat, Louise bought me, as part of my house warming gift, these wooden blocks.......


and as soon as I saw them, I knew I had the perfect item to go with them. I had bought a Tando Creative Mini Birdhouse some time last year which had been lying on my work desk just waiting to be decorated but I had no idea what I wanted to do with it until I saw the script decoration on the blocks.  I have the perfect Script stamp that almost matched and so this is what I came up with.


I painted the house in Natural Wicker then stamped it with the Script. The flowers and butterfly were  touched lightly with the brush to give them an aged look. 

This is them in situ on top of my unit in the lounge - think they look pretty good!!! I am amazed at how well the paint and script match the blocks.


Ingredients:-
Paint - Dulux Paint Pot I have had forever!!
Stamp - Hero Arts "Old French Writing"
Flowers - Craftwork Cards - again have had them forever
Flower Centres - MB Die "Cherry Blossom"
Butterfly - cut from Martha Stewart border punch

Well that's all from me for today. Thank you so much for popping by and I will be back on Thursday with my DT creations.
Hugs
Denise xx


20 comments:

Jude said...

Hi Denise, you have done a fabulous job on this, love the vintage look. They do match very well. Love it!

Hugs
Judex

Mary J said...

Oh wow, Denise - so profesional! I bet you could sell these in John Lewis!

Maritha said...

Ã…HHHHH that is sooo my style!! LOve it!! =)

Hugs

Chris said...

An absolute WOW project Denise and I love it! The script stamp is gorgeous and the colours tone so well with the blocks. Hugs, Chris x

Doreen said...

Oh wow what gorgeous creations .xxx

Vicky said...

So gorgeous Denise...love the script stamp and the beautiful flowers too hun ...:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Wishcraft said...

Oh that's beautiful Denise, I really love it! Hugs, Lisa x

Suzilou said...

Oh WOW really like this little house, and love what you have done with it. Not seen these before, would make a lovely gift :) xx

Faith A said...

Oh! this is so gorgeous and clever of you, they look like they were bought as a matching set. just fabulous.

Krafty Kows said...

Oh wow so Beautiful. Jeanette

Jules said...

Oh Denise .. .. just perfect!!! They were meant to sit beside each other!!

You could go into production and make a fortune it is so lovely!!

Love Jules xx

coops said...

oh wow this is stunning denise.so beautiful and i love the soft vintage colours ;D

xx coops xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

You have done an awesome job on this Denise. Love it sweetie.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Riet said...

This is so wonderful.

Hugs Riet.xx

~ Ali Watson ~ said...

Wow stunning creations, I LOVE them very creative

Ali x

Tracy said...

Genius! The stamping matches perfectly and the two together compliment each other so beautifully. What a lovely home deco for you Denise. Hugs!

Faye said...

How did I miss this stunning project, how? What a beautiful birdhouse. X

Barb said...

omg! I love this!!! this is exactly the kind of decoration i would use in my own humble lil home :) it's beautiful!

Pauline said...

Gorgeous little bird house! I love the distressed flowers and butterflies, it's a great match for your blocks.

Diane J said...

Stunning project, its so beautiful, well done :o)
Diane x