Saturday, 29 September 2012

Louise is off Trekking again!!

Hi All,
As I sit writing this, Louise is sitting in a bar at Heathrow having pre-flight drinks with her great trekking mate, Phil.  She is off to China this evening on another Macmillan Trek to walk part of the Great Wall. Whilst, I am so very proud of her, my emotions, as per usual, are all over the place!!  I mean, China is such a long way away and contact will be very limited which is so hard when you are used to talking to her everyday. That having been said, I wish her all the best and hope she does not find this one too hard and am counting down the ten days until she returns.


Thankfully, she only has one more trek booked and that is for next year when she treks through Cuba into Trinidad which sounds absolutely gorgeous.  She says that will be her last one..........seeing is believing though - LOL!!  So far, she has raised nearly £12,500 for Macmillan and needs about another £1,700 for her next trip but she has a few collection days booked for next year so hopefully she will reach her target.

Hugs
Denise xxx

7 comments:

Vicky said...

Hi hun...Wow I can see why you are so very proud of Louise...but I would be just like you a tad worried/nervous...but I'm sure she will be just fine and having a super time too...

Roll on 10 days time...and sending a cyber hug your way...love Vicky xx

Deb said...

wow, well done to Louise, she has raised a phenomenal amount already! this trek looks amazing, good for her getting out there and seeing the world while raising funds for such a great cause!
have a great weekend, Debxx

Joan Figueroa-Jiménez said...

WOW Denisse!! Those are great lifetime adventures. I wish her the best. In the meantime I know you will make some great creations to ease your nerves LOL!! I hope both of you the best. Hugs!! Joan

Faye said...

Good luck for Louise. She'll be home before you know it. X

Faith A said...

Well done Louise, what an achievement, Good luck and enjoy the experience.

KraftyKoolKat said...

I would be proud of her too. Well done to her. I bet the days will drag until she comes back. They always do when you can't wait for something.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Vicky said...

Aw wow how lucky is she to do this.......you are really sooooo proud. Before you know it she will be back home hun, it will go that quick. Altho if I'm being honest I would be fretting as well lol.
Hope she has a wonderful time.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx