Thursday, 26 July 2012

DYSU Challenge #82

Good Morning All
Wow what gorgeous weather we've been having - hope it lasts throughout the Olympics but maybe not quite so hot!!
Our challenge theme this week at Do You Stack Up? is all about FRIENDSHIP so we want to see anything friend related. Just take a look at our gorgeous inspiration picture - so adorable........

and we have three great sponsors this week and some fab prizes.....

Little Darlings Rubber Stamps - $10 Gift certificate

Pink Gem Designs - Winner's Choice of 3 Digi Stamps

Floppy Latte's Digital Designs - $10 Gift Certificate


I had free choice for this challenge and so used this lovable Docrafts' Wellington Bear image, tag and sentiment - don't you just love him. He definitely looks like he needs a great big hug!!  I kept the card very simple as the image is quite a large one but I am really pleased with how it turned out :0)

I have not yet mastered the art of colouring fur so made him a curly bear instead by just dotting the Promarkers, which I think looks quite effective - what do you think????

Ingredients:
Medium - Promarkers
Papers - Portobello Road by Papermania
Cardstock and brad - stash

The rest of the team have once again come up with some gorgeous creations so I hope you will pop over to the Do You Stack Up Challenge blog and take a look. I can't wait to see all your lovely entries.
So that's it from me for now. I shall be back later with my DT card for Digi Doodle Shop Challenges and I warn you now, you will need sunglasses for my very bright card - LOL!!
Thank you so much for looking and for all your lovely comments.
Hugs
Denise xxxx

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Joanna Sheen Challenge - Animal Crackers
Crafts and Me #94 - Anything Goes








18 comments:

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card. Love the bear and the backing paper, and the sentiment is so true!
Lorraine x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

What a wonderful sentiment Denise -love the teddy bear - your colouring technique is fab.
Thanks so much for following In The Pink - look forward to seeing you in the challanges!
Hugs, Sylvia xx

Joey said...

Denise this made me smile so much, the card is just stunning! the sentiment is gorgeous, and I love the inspo photo so so cute. Joey xx

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Hi Denise, Wow, what a gorgeous card, love him! Great sentiment too and I love how you coloured him in the neutrals and greys with his blue pads, he looks lovely:) Hugs, Teresa x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous ....love the image and fab colouring...great sentiment.xxx

Mary J said...

What another fab make, Denise! Great papers and love the shading!

WencheP said...

This is just adorable! The image is so cute and I love the sentiment.


Hugs,
Wenche

coops said...

so gorgeous denise.i love how you have coloured sweet wellington :D

xx coops xx

Barb said...

this is so sweet. i love your coloring!

Lin said...

As an old Teddy Bear collector, I LOVE this, Denise! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

Faith A said...

Aw! this is lovely what a great sentiment too, love your colouring, look's really good.

Sandie Edwards said...

How utterly adorable!! Lovely having you participate in the Joanna Sheen Challenge this fortnight....love your card.

Wishcraft said...

So adorable hun! I've just bought this stamp set - I wouldn't have thought to colour him like that, but it really suits him :o) Hugs, Lisa x

JOAN said...

Great card and great sentiment. Love the melancholic feeling of this card, the soft colors makes it so great. Hugs, Joan

Ren-Yi said...

i love the dots - pointillism is quite an effective art style... create more motion and that's just what the fur needed. your hard work paid off!

Mona Eidhammer said...

Thanks for joining in our anything goes challenge over at Crafts and Me with this fabulous creation. Hugs...Mona

Faye said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Cuteness. What a gorgeous card. xx

xxxtglxxx said...

Well that will teach me! :D I had 2 windows open on my pc when it went haywire and subsequently crashed, so not sure if my last comment was left :)

Anyway, this is one adorable card Denise, love those Union Jack papers and such a gorgeous image and sentiment hun!

Stunning card!

Thanks so much for joining us at the Joanna Sheen Challenge,

hugs

xxalisonxx