Thursday, 12 July 2012

DYSU Challenge #80

Good Morning All,
Time for our new challenge over at Do You Stack Up? and this week our theme is Cool Colours.........


We have three great sponsors this week

Copic Marker Scrapbooking  6 Copic Ciao Markers (North/South America), Martha Stewart punch (rest of the world)

The Stamping Boutique - Winner's choice of 3 digis

Scrappers Delights - $5 Gift Certificate

For my card this week I have used just stamps, inks and embossing powder - not a Promarker in sight!!! I created a faux batik background by stamping with Versamark, embossing with clear powder and then removing the embossing after I had inked the paper. The butterflies were stamped in black first and then I over-stamped in green.  I also stamped one of the butterflies onto pink paper and decoupaged it. I really enjoyed making this card - it's been a long time since I used just stamping techniques on a card.

Ingredients:
Distress Inks - Tumbled Glass and Shabby Shutters
Versafine - Black
Versamark
Clear embossing powder
Hero Arts stamp - "Old French Writing"
Butterfly Kisses stamp - words from "Art Collage"
EK Success stamp - "Patterned Butterfly Bugs"
Household iron and copy paper

Don't forget to take a look at the rest of the Teams' wonderful Cool Colour creations over on the DYSU Challenge blog and I really hope you will join in this fun challenge.  Thank you so much for looking. I shall be back later with my Digi Doodle Shop Challenges make.
Hugs
Denise xx

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
Fashionista Challenge #4 - Winged Things
That Craft Place - Anything Goes


22 comments:

Doreen said...

This is stunning, lovely design, great colours.xxx

Jules said...

Oooo... Denise .. .. this is stunning!!!

I love EVERYTHING!! The gorgeous colours, layout, and all the stamps and techniques you have used.

I'm not surprised you enjoyed making it!! It is gorgeous.

Love Jules xx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is just simply stunning, love the colours that you have used too, gorgeous work, hugs Pops x x x

Jude said...

Hi Denise, this is stunning, and the layout is fabulous.

Hugs
Judex

WencheP said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! The colors are so beautiful and I love the butterflies!

Hugs,
Wenche

Rina said...

Just beautiful... you CAS artists amaze me!
Thanks for joining us this challenge at Fashionista!
Rina Fashionista

Joey said...

Absolutely beautiful, I just love this. Joey x

Tonya said...

This is SO gorgeous!! I adore every little detail. Beautiful work!

Wishcraft said...

Such a beautiful card Denise, really lovely! Hugs, Lisa x

coops said...

wow this is beautiful denise.really stunning stamps and colours :D

xx coops xx

xxxtglxxx said...

Wow! This is beautiful! :)

Stunning card hun!

hugs

xxalisonxx

Sarah said...

just wonderful and a beautiful creation - love the colours, stamping and flurry of butterflies! a fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon says Stamp & Show.
Sarah.

Trish Latimer said...

Love h!! Gorgeous card, and the faux batik is stunning! Trish x

Faye said...

Wow, wow, WOW! I really, really love this card. Really. xx

princesskitten said...

Beautifully elegant

Pauline said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, I love the wonderful inking and the butterflies, fab stamping and a beautiful card!

JOAN said...

Great card!! Love all the techniques it has ;) Hugs, Joan

Mary Jo said...

I don't have the vocabulary to express how gorgeous I think this card is!! It may have been a while since you've used only stamping techniques but it does not seem like it by looking at this card!

Ren-Yi said...

Denise - this is a lovely stunning card. The embossing and the butterflies are amazing and so is the sentiment! Truly lovely...!

Trudie said...

Stunning! So elegant. Thank you for joining us at That Craft Place.
Trudie xx

butterfly said...

Stunningly beautiful card - such a well-deserved win at That Craft Place! Everything about it is just perfect...
Alison x

Meighan Wheller said...

I found you card on the Craft Place and it is wonderful. A lovely soft girly card. I love the colours and how you used the butterflies. Regards Meighan