Thursday, 17 May 2012

DYSU Challenge #72

Morning All,
Time for a new challenge over at Do You Stack Up? but firstly I want to say WOW,  what gorgeous creations you all entered last week for our Add A Flower challenge - so hard to pick my favourite 3!! Congratulations to all the winners.

This week we want you to create a Landscape.



and our lovely sponsors are .................

Copic Marker Scrapbooking6 copic ciao marker

(North/South America), Martha Stewart punch (rest of the world) 

Pink Cat StudioWinner’s Choice of 5 Digis


The Ribbon Reel £10 Gift Voucher

This week I got to play with some images from the Pink Cat Studio - and play is exactly what I did!! I have used "Betty Bumble Bee Fairy and Flower", the "Sun" and two of the "Happy Flowers". All have been attached to the card with foam pads for dimension and the grass has been created by fraying some green ribbon.

I must admit when this was finished, I was not that happy with it. You know what it's like when you visualise something in your head - it never quite turns out how you saw it. Well this was one of those cards but the more I look at it, the more it grows on me - LOL!!

Ingredients:
Medium - Promarkers
Paper and ribbon - stash. No name for the paper I'm afraid.

Do take a look at the DYSU Challenge blog - the rest of the DT have created some fantastic landscapes that will hopefully inspire you to join in.

Thanks for looking.
Hugs
Denise xx

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
I Love Promarkers #117 - Anything Goes
Whimsy Stamps #39 - Anything Goes


15 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Denise

It is beautiful .. .. it doesn't need to grow on me .. .. I just love it straight away!!!

Those smiley flowers are gorgeous!!!

Love Jules xx

Donna said...

I love this card Denise, just adorable! I don't think my cards ever turn out as well as I want them too lol, they look fabulous in my head! Enjoy your day hun. Donna x

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Hi Denise,
I think your card is fab! It's so fresh and happy:) your papers go brilliantly with the fairy and the flowers and I love that little fringing grass on the bottom too:) Hugs, Teresa x

Pauline said...

I love this bright and cheery card Denise! I don't know why you don't like it, I think its beautiful! Look at her happy little face lol! So sweet!

sassy said...

wow just gorgeous...love all the colours so spring like and fresh..wonderful work hun ..hugs sasyx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

This is so cheerful and happy Denise - it's instant sunshine, and makes me smile!! Love the super-cute images and the fab. colouring.
Hugs, Sylvia xx

coops said...

so stunning denise.gorgeous sweet image and i love your happy sunshiney colours :D

xx coops xx

TC said...

It's a gorgeous card Denise. It was an instant like for me... no growing required! lol x

Faith A said...

Love the card and love the idea of the frayed ribbon, very clever

princesskitten said...

That's such a happy card

Ren-Yi said...

A beautiful scene card. way to go on incorporating so many of the pink cat studio images! :)

MichelleO said...

What a fun card! Just love it. Thanks so much for joining us at Whimsy
HUGS
MichelleO

xxxtglxxx said...

I LOVE this Pink Cat Studio images, they are too cute!! :)

Fabulous card, love the bright colours and cheery smiles, they made me smile! :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

JOAN said...

Denisse, I love, love, love your card. Such a happy scene, it made me smile. Hugs, Joan

Mary Jo said...

I think it's terrific! Love the happy feel of it. The frayed ribbon grass is such a cool touch!