Thursday, 10 May 2012

DYSU Challenge #71

Good Morning All,
Well Louise and I are back from our Create & Craft cruise and what a brilliant time we had.  Fantastic service, wonderful six course meals and partying every night!!  The craft classes were brilliant, as were the demonstrators who all worked really hard.  We received some wonderful project packs from Docrafts, Hunky Dory, Beaders Companion and Debbi Moore (to name but a few) and the Create & Craft presenters who went were great fun and so friendly. We would definitely do it again :0)  Pictures will be posted soon.

Anyway, enough waffling about me.  It's Thursday again and that means it's time for our next challenge over at Do You Stack Up? and this week we want you to Add A Flower - simple!!



And for this challenge our lovely sponsors are....

Inspired Stamps -  $15 store credit



 
Digi Darla - Winner’s Choice of 5 Digis

The Greeting Farm - Winners Choice of 1 Clear Stamp set


My card this week uses this adorable digital image from The Greeting Farm called Kissy, Kissy.  I think I may have gone a bit OTT with the flower though - lol.

I love The Greeting Farm images - they are such fun and so easy to colour.  I have added glitter to her dress but it is not showing up too well in the photo. I am still trying to find the perfect place to take photos in my new craft room.

Ingredients:-
Medium - Promarkers
Papers - Butterfly Garden from Wild Rose Studio and Papermania Capsule Collection
Flowers, brad, pearls, ribbon, lace, bow and doily - stash


Right, that's my little piece of inspiration for this week's challenge. Do take a look at the rest of the Team's fabulous work and I hope you will join in the fun. There are some fab prizes up for grabs. Before I go, I must let you all know that after much deliberation, and taking into account the differing time zones for our International Design Team, we are going to close the DYSU challenge a day earlystarting from this week. To enable our team to get round to the last entrants, and to give everybody a fair chance, we are now closing the challenge on Tuesdays at 5pm Mountain Time. This will enable the D.T. to get round to visiting all your creations, in good time, and leave you some love :-)

Hugs and Happy Crafting
Denise xx










27 comments:

Doreen said...

This is fabulous,love the image and fabulous colours.xxx

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Hi Denise,
So pleased to have you back! Your trip sounds fabulous, can't wait to see the piccies! Love this card and your colouring is fabby, love the shading on their hair :) Have a good day, Hugs, Teresa x

Mary J said...

Awww, that is so lovely Denise, gorgeous colours!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Denise.

Hugs Riet.xx

Mary Jo said...

Oh so sweet and pretty! Your coloring is fab as always. I really love their auburn hair!

Maritha said...

That is just one cute and stunning card from you...lovely!! =)

Hugs

June Nelson said...

Hello me darlin lovely to have you back, pleased you had a wonderful time hope you didnt get seasick!!! oh how I envy you. Your little card is beautiful darlin huggies June xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mandy said...

It's lovely to see you back,can't wait to see the pics of your cruise sounds like you had a great time... Fabulous card,I love the sweet image...
Mandy x

Wishcraft said...

Great to have you back hun :o) Hope you're getting settled into your new home. The cruise sounds fab!

Love your card. Such a sweet image, lovely colouring and pretty papers :o) Hugs, Lisa x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Denise this is a little beauty a gorgeous image and such lovely colours and design
Hugs
Lorraine x

coops said...

so stunning denise.i love your pretty colours and gorgeous sweet image :D

xx coops xx

Tracy said...

They're so sweet! Love your coloring on their hair and her green eyeshadow. :-) Cute! Hugs!

downrightcrafty said...

such a pretty card and fabulous image with stunning colouring on their hair
Hugs Kate x

debby4000 said...

Adorable, beautiful card.
luv
Debby

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, I love this the colours are fabulous, huggles Pops x x

Donna said...

Hi Denise, your so lucky you were on that cruise, I would have loved to have went, can't wait to see your pics. I'm sorry I haven't been in blogland for a while but I'm back and its lovely to see your gorgeous cards again, your colouring is beautiful. What colour of promarkers did you use for the hair? looks so shiney. hugs Donna x

Ella's Design said...

Pretty card, Denise! Love the fresh colour combo and you've coloured that Greeting Farm image wonderfully - they could be an advert for shampoo! Pretty lace touches and I don't think the flower is OTT. Lisa x

Jules said...

Hi Denise

What a gorgeous wedding card.

Love your cute couple and backing papers.

Thank you for reminding me that this is in my collection .. .. need to ink it up again.

Have a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Vicky said...

Totally gorgeous as always sweetie. Lush colours.
Sounds like you had a fabulous time sweetie good cus you deserve it hun altho its fab to see you back.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Marcy said...

Absolutely adorable, Denise. You colored these little cuties just beautifully!

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous, I love this cute couple and your fab colouring!

JOAN said...

Awww!! Super cute!! I need to learn how to color hair in such a great way!! Love the bride dress. Hugs, Joan

princesskitten said...

Awww - that's so sweet

Ren-Yi said...

OH this is darling, Denise. This is really sweet and i love how the lil girl got some eye shadow treatment. Her dress is amazing too!

Faith A said...

Oh! such a pretty card Denise, love how you have done the hair, (my downfall) I've caught up with the rest of your cards, all stunning.

So glad you had a good time on the cruise, look forward to the piccies.

I couldn't understand why I wasn't having posts from your blog, so tried to follow, I wasn't!, but I am sure I did in the past, oh! well should be more on the ball now :)

xxxtglxxx said...

Oh wow, you have been on a crafting cruise - how fantastic! :)

Sounds like it was brilliant!

LOVE your really sweet card, such a cute image and pretty colours!

hugs

xxalisonxx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fabulous colouring Denise, and what an adorable wedding couple.

The cruise sounds wonderful - what a fabulous combination - crafting AND cruising - sounds like heaven to me!! Looking forward to seeing the photos!
Hugs, Sylvia x