Thursday, 29 March 2012

DYSU Challenge #65

Good Morning,
It's time for another challenge over at  Do You Stack Up? and our theme this week  is "Sew It" -  real or faux we don't mind as long as we can see a stitching theme to your card.

 Our sponsors this week are......

Dearie Dolls Digi Stamps - Winner's choice of 4 images

Michelle's Scrapbooking and More - $10 Gift Certificate

Amber Ink - $15 Gift Certificate

I have used this sweet little image from Dearie Dolls called "Friends Needlework" and have included a fair amount of hand-stitching on the card.  I have also distressed the edges of the paper in an attempt at making it look a bit like frayed fabric - lol !! And I have used a piece of embroidery linen behind the mounted image.

 Close-up detail of my stitching.

Ingredients:
Medium - Promarkers and chalk
Papers - Magnolia "Sweet Rainbow"
Ribbon and buttons - Papermania Capsule Collection
Linen fabric -  stash from my cross stitching days!

So that is me done now for a little while. Please do take a look at the rest of the DT's brilliant work over at the Do You Stack Up? blog and be inspired to join our fun challenge. There are some great prizes up for grabs.

I shall see you all later, as soon as I have completed my move and been re-connected to the internet.
Happy Crafting
Denise xx



17 comments:

Mary J said...

I love this Denise! It is so fresh and sweet, and love the texture!

Doreen said...

A gorgeous card Denise,love your stitching.xxx

Vicky said...

Hi my sweetie this is so gorgeous & I love the added details on the hand stitching it looks fab shug.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Denise.

Hugs Riet.xx

Suzilou said...

This is just fab Denise, have never thought about using embroidery linen and I have lots of it in different colours, might just have to dig that out :).

Love the stitching for the words and pretty paper :) xx

coops said...

gorgeous card denise.i love your stunning design and fab image :D

xx coops xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Denise this is superb, that stitching looks fantastic so does the papers, design and image, I love it.
hugs
Lorraine x

debby4000 said...

Love your adorable and cute card.
luv
Debby

Teresa said...

Hi Denise, This is wonderful, A wonderful card & embellies and stitching too! It all looks gorgeous! Good luck with the move, hoep it goes smoothly Big Hugs, Teresa x

Marcy said...

FANTASTIC!! Your card is "sew" creative.

June Nelson said...

This is beautiful and it must have taken you ages with all the stitching, just gorgeous darlin xxx

Pauline said...

This is just gorgeous Denise, love your hand stitched edges, so pretty!

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card Denise, so sweet and pretty. Love your stitched details :o) Lisa x

Jude said...

Hi Denise, this is so gorgeous, love the stitching on your card, looks fabulous.
Good luck with your move.

Take care
Hugs
Judex

Shelby said...

What a wonderfully feminine card. Love how you've stitched friends and the layout shows her off just perfectly.

Shelby

Mary Jo said...

Your stitching is amazing!! The linen was a very cool idea and is perfect with that image. Beautiful card!

Dawn Ruth said...

Though I love to see the stitching I am always a bit scared of trying it I cheat and make short pencil lines to look like stitches coward aren't I?
http://dawntheconstantcrafter.blogspot.co.uk/