Thursday, 1 March 2012

DYSU Challenge #61

Oh my, Thursday again and the start of a new month - where is the time going!!!  Our challenge this week at Do You Stack Up? has the theme of Things With Wings - endless possibilities with this one!!


We have two great sponsors this week ......

Paper Pretties - Winner's choice of 6 digital images

Copic Marker - 6 copic ciao markers (North/South America), Martha Stewart punch (rest of the world)


I got to choose my own image this week and went for this gorgeous one from D'Arcy's Diaries - I am totally in love with these at the moment. They are so quirky and yet very pretty. They are from the same lady as the Teddy Bo images and I totally love those too :0)


Close up of the image - I have glittered the heart and part of her wings.  The glitter looks so much nicer in real life - this photo really does not do it any justice, in fact I think it just makes the wings look dirty :0(  I haven't had a chance to decorate the inside yet but will do when I get the chance.

Recipe:
Medium - Promarkers
Papers - Pink Petticoat "Old Fashioned Girl - For Him"
Roses - Cut on the Cameo and hand rolled
Feathers, glitter and pearls - stash

I really hope you can join us for this great challenge and look forward to seeing all your gorgeous entries. The rest of the team have made some beautiful cards for your inspiration so make sure you pop over to the challenge blog and take a look.

Before I go, I want to say welcome to my two new followers. I hope you continue to enjoy your visits xxx

Thanks once again for looking.
Hugs
Denise xx

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
Divas By Design #24 - Spots and/or Stripes
Flutterby Wednesday #192 - Open 
Penny's Paper-Crafty #74 - Photo Inspiration
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesdays #57 - Anything Goes
Creative Inspirations #152 - Anything Goes

34 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the image and fab papers.xxx

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie this is gorgeous I love it ♥ Pop's ♥

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous! Love the dramatic colour combo, and the fluffy feathers! Stunning!

Mary J said...

Such a cool card Denise! I totally love your moody pretty card!!

WencheP said...

This is so cool! Love the image and the papers you have used is fabulous!

Hugs,
Wenche

Maritha said...

Åhhhhh JUST LOOOOOVE YOUR CARD HUN!!! That is just so perfect!! So happy to see you using the new stamps too....GREAT!!! =)

Hugs

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Wow Denise - what fabulous colouring. Love the quirky image - haven't heard of these before, but it really is gorgeous.
Hope all is well with you and Louise. Hugs, Sylvia xx

Mary Jo said...

The image is very cool and your color choices are awesome for it (I'm a sucker for black, white and red)! Love this!

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie this is awesome, totally fabulous in every way I love these images they are so quirky & you can do them to fit so many themes & looks. They are fab!!
Love these colours.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Violets Corner said...

Sooo beautiful colouring and a fantastic image!

Warm hugs
Maarit

Kim Piggott said...

Absolutely beautiful love her hair!
hugs
kim x

Izzwizz said...

Fab card and great to see an image that is quirky! Great colouring. Maddy x

Suzilou said...

Love this image Denise and the splashes of red look brilliant with the black and white, Really lovely card :) xx

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant card Denise that image is wonderful and the choice of papers, colours and the design look amazing, I love this so much.
hugs
Lorraine x

June Nelson said...

Morning darlin, what a stunning card and I love your colouring xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Teresa said...

Hi Denise, you have been busy this week with your cards! so sorry I am a bit behind with my comments :I so LOVE this card - these images are lovely, (I bought some too!) I love that you coloured her in red and black, fabby choice and love the highlights in her hair, It was great to meet you and Louise last week :) Big Hugs, Teresa x

Molecraft said...

What a fab image and great colour scheme, love it! Thanks for joining us at Divas and good luck!
Helen x

Faye said...

Fantastic! I love the feather, a wonderful touch. xxx

Wishcraft said...

Fab card Denise! Gorgeous colours and image, LOVE that feather :o) Lisa x

JOAN said...

Awesome... AWESOME card!!! Love the image and the coloring is so great!!!! Hugs, Joan

Janna Werner said...

Denise, gorgeous sweet theme card!!! Have a lovely weekend! Janna

Margreet said...

What a stunning card....great coloring of the image...pretty details....thanks for joining the divas!
xxx Margreet

princesskitten said...

Wicked - love the greys

Janet said...

Beautiful card sweetie xx

~ Ali ~ said...

Super creation Denise love it

ali x

Mandy said...

Beautiful card,love the image and colour combo...
Mandy x

Mona Evy said...

Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspiration Challenge.

Inger said...

Oh this is super cute!!!
Love it! :)

♥ Hugs, Inger

Jules said...

Hi Denise

A stunning make. I love this very very much!!!

Love black, white and red together and your image is coloured beautifully to match.

Just look at the hair on your image .. .. shaded perfectly!!!

Love Jules xx

debby4000 said...

Wonderful card, love the image and colour combo.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Such a gorgeous card,love the image and the red white and black colour scheme is fab
Lindsay xx

xxxtglxxx said...

Oh my - this blew me away! :)

Just stunning!

hugs

xxalisonxx

lachsekatze said...

I totally adore this card. The image is beautiful, the colours are classics for the theme of the card. I especially love how you combined the papers and the themes: red wings on the image and red feather on the card, heart on the image and the paper, the use of papers with text on, the contrast between the white on black handwriting and the black on white "love me - love me not" paper... I had a little puzzle to solve with the red paper - I first thought it would had hole but then I noticed that the writing was different from the machine writing. It gives me the idea that the machine writing got blurry through some strange glass bubbles.
Even the stripes on the angel's clothes remind me of lines of text...
This card is so fascinating. I just have to love it...

Ren-Yi said...

What a beautiful angel. I love the glitter - what a great accent.