Thursday, 8 March 2012

Digi Doodle Shop Challenge #98

Back again.
This time to tell you about this week's challenge over at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges where our theme is ANIMALS. Cute or realisitic, the choice is yours. 

I chose cute...and this is one really cute hippo :0) She is called "Tu TU Shy" and you can find her here in The Digi Doodle Shop.  Now before you go yelling "but hippos aren't pink, they're grey" take a look at the picture at the end of this post.  They are definitely pink!!!  I am not that happy with this photo - the gorgeous checked ribbon is an exact match to the colours I have used but looks so much darker than in real life. Also, I really am not sure about the roses - I seem to struggle with flowers on my cards and always wish I had not used them :0(  Too late now though - they are well and truly stuck on. I have also just realised the lovely little ballet shoe charm I attached has hidden itself beneath the bow grrrrr.


This is a close-up of my pink hippo!!!  I just adore her cute face and beautiful big eyes.

Ingredients:
Medium - Promarkers and chalk
Papers - Dovecraft "Princess and Fairytale" and Craft Creations Polka Dots
Sentiment - Woodware Clear Stamp "Sweet Tooth" set
Corner and leaves die - Memory Box
Tab die - Die-namics
Ribbon and charm - Ribbonbox
Pearls and cardstock - stash
Flowers - Wild Orchid Crafts

The rest of Team Karen have created some beautiful cards this week so please do take a look and we would love you to enter this great challenge.  There are some gorgeous animal stamps in the shop so why not take a look at those too. Remember, if you choose to use a Digi Doodle Shop image, you get two entries into the challenge.

So before I go, as promised.......a pink Hippo - awwwww!!














Hugs and Happy Crafting
Denise xx

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
Craft Your Passion 100th Celebration - Anything Goes
The Pink Elephant #138 - Let's See Those Layers
The Paper Shelter - Anything Goes
I Love Promarkers #107 - Ribbons and Bows

29 comments:

Maritha said...

hi hi...that is just soooo cute!! Lovely card hun!

..psssst,we have a challange at D´arsy´s now...just saying....*whistle* =)

Hugs

Sasha said...

Fabulous creation! I love your cute hippo, all your pretty embellishments and lots of lovely layering x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is adorable Denise. Fab colouring and you have used my fav corner die.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Denise,love the image and colours.xxx

xxxtglxxx said...

No Way!! :) I have never seen a pink hippo before - how cute! :) lol

Fabulous card Denise - love the dies and flowers. Cute image and great papers - a ginger-pink delight :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Linda said...

Tooo funny. Loved the pink hippo. Your card looks awesome and so do the flowers! Hugs, Linda

Bettina L. said...

She really is a cutie. I can't wait until I get to colour this one up too. Love your design with the flowers and bow and that little hidden charm too;) Those corner leaves look adorable too. Hugs Bettina xx

Hi said...

Well I'll be dipped..it never crossed my mind hippos could be pink, and don't that just make so much cuter! I love this card hun, and I think the roses look gorgeous with it. Youv'e done a fabulous job, and should never second guess how talented you are.

Mwah!

Wishcraft said...

Love your pink hippo hun :o) Gorgeous card, such pretty colours. Lisa x

coops said...

aw gorgeous card denise.the hippo is so sweet and fab pretty colours :D

xx coops xx

Karen said...

Gorgeous Denise and your pink hippo looks great. Love the die too.
xx

Jude said...

Cute pink hippo Denise. Lovely card, fab colour combo.

Hugs
Judex

Mina said...

aaaaaaawwwwwwwwwa real pink hippo that gorgeous and so is your so beautifully coloured, I love your card...thanks for your congratulations it meant so much to me
Mina xxx

Kim O'Connell said...

This just made me smile! Thanks for playing along with us for the Paper Shelter Challenge!

Shelby said...

Isn't she just the cutest hippo? You've done a wonderful job coloring her up and your color combo is perfect!

Shelby

June Nelson said...

Aw I love this its so cute, and I dodnt know you could get a pink hippo , so ive learned something today xxxxxx

Pop's Cards said...

Absolutely adorable, such a beautiful creation, love it !!!

hugs pops ♥♥

skylife said...

LOL - wow, how did you find that pink hippo?! That's a hippo with a tan LOL!

So - the card is just super cute as the image! Love the colors!

Hugs,
Zlatina

Teresa said...

Hi Denise, Ooow! what a cutie, both the card and the piccie! How lovely to see a pink hippo! She's gorgeous on your card what a bashful looking hippo - love the embellies that you put with her too - Hugs, Teresa xx

Pauline said...

This is so cute! What a gorgeous image, fab papers and embellishments too!

Mary J said...

Awwww!!! Totally cute hippo and I love your totally cute make too honey!

Bronwen said...

I love this cute little hippo card! Your cards are always gorgeous Denise. Thanks for the inspiration.
And thanks for always stopping by and leaving me a comment.
Bronwen xx

Tammy said...

Absolutely adorable! Love the image and you've created a wonderful card with it!

princesskitten said...

Just darling

ahlers5 said...

Such a great card! As soon as I saw that corner die I had to do a search to find it. It's on it's way! Love the coloring and mix of papers.

craftybunny said...

Totally adorable,Denise.Gorgeous card and love the piccy too.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Denise I think I have fallen in love with this little cutie you have coloured her beautifully and what a fantastic design, ACE card.
hugs
Lorraine x

Lorraine said...

Super card. Love your colour choice too. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

kbrandy4 said...

Gorgeous card and cute image!! Thanks for sharing with us at I ♥ Promarkers this week!!
Hugs
Hazel xx