Thursday, 2 February 2012

DYSU Challenge #57

Well it's Thursday again and time for another challenge over at Do You Stack Up?  This week we have everyone's favourite theme of ANYTHING GOES - woo hoo!!! So we expect to see loads of gorgeous entries :0)


We have three fantastic sponsors this week.........



Stamp & Create


Crafty Individuals who are giving this amazing prize package


My card this week uses this sweet Wags and Whiskers digi image from Stamp & Create called "Love You Sis". I have kept the card design fairly simple so as not to overshadow just how lovely it is. 

Here is a close-up for you. I think these two little sisters are so pretty. I do have a confession to make here - this was my second coloured image. The first one I had applied Glossy Accents to their boots and had attempted raindrops but the drops looked more like splodges which I was not at all happy with, so I coloured up this one and left it well alone - lol!!

And of course, I decorated the inside too!!

Recipe:
Medium - Promarkers
Papers - Pink Petticoat "Fluffy Clouds" and DBS Digiscraps Raindrops Overlay which I found on the web
Ribbons - stash
Card Candy and scalloped card - Craftwork Cards
Umbrella charm - stash - was originally gold coloured but I painted it pink and gave it a coat of varnish
Sentiment - Marisa Lerin freebie found on the web
Blue card - white cardstock coloured with a Promarker to match the image

So that is my offering for today but for even more inspiration, do check out the rest of the DT's gorgeous work over on the DYSU Challenge blog.
Happy crafting
Hugs
Denise xxx

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
Divas By Design #20 - Anything Goes
Fab 'n' Funky #106 - Use a Digi
Paper Pretties #191 - Ribbon or Twine
Party Time Tuesdays #53 - Anything Goes
Shopping our Stash #37 - People Who Need People
Kaboodle Doodles #104 - It's All About Girls






31 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh gorgeous card and love the beautiful colours and sweet image.
luv
Debby

WencheP said...

I love your card! The colours are fantastic and the image is so sweet! Love the ribbon.

Hugs,
Wenche

Doreen said...

This is just so gorgeous,love the colours.xxx

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie this is just gorgeous, love your colours ♥ Pops x

Mary J said...

Those papers are perfect with this gorgeous image Denise! Beautiful colour combo!

Maritha said...

OHHHH soooo STUNNING card from you!! Lovely!! =)

Looking forward to see what you will do with the D´ary´s D stamps...;)

Hugs

Teresa said...

Hi Denise,
What a wonderful card - I love the image with the two little girls sharing their brolly - beautiful pinks and purples and fabby colouring, Hugs, Teresa xx

Pauline said...

This is just gorgeous! I love these girls, they look just like my two girls! Beautifully coloured and I love the papers!

Eskimo Frosting said...

Very pretty, Love the cloud papers.

Thanks for joining us at Diva's by Design this week

Hugs
Jayne
x

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card! I love this color combo.


~Cheryl~

Bettina L. said...

Wow loving your card. The cloud and rain papers are perfect and am loving the little umbrella under the bow too. Your colouring is superb. Bettina xx

coops said...

gorgeous card denise.the image is so sweet and i love your beautiful colours :D

xx coops xx

Keilly said...

Beautiful card Denise, I just love the layers and how you've tied that A-mazing bow! x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Denise this is absolutely gorgeous what a beautiful image, I do love the colours you have used and that background papers look terrific.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Davi said...

Oh my goodness this is soooo pretty!! I love those precious little girls and the wonderful coloring :)

my5bratz said...

cute card, thanks for joining us at FnF :D

laney said...

Super card!! thanks for joining us this time at Diva's would love to see you next week too
hugs
laney

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card Denise :o) Sweet image and fab papers too, LOVE that cute little charm! Lisa x

Sasha said...

Gorgeous card! I love your image of the little girls in the rain, and your backing papers with clouds and raindrops are fabulous!:)

Thank you for visiting my blog, leaving a lovely comment and becoming a follower:)

Jules said...

Hi Denise

The perfect paper choices alongside that cute image.

Love your colour combo too.

Love Jules xx

Ren-Yi said...

These two lil girls are so adorable. I love the beautiful pattern paper and layers! Just such a darling creation.

JOAN said...

Great card Denise! Love how you colored the image. Specially the denim garments. Awesome job!! Hugs, Joan

June Houck said...

Super sweet card! I really admire your expert coloring of the girls' hair. Thank you for joining us at Shopping Our Stash: People Who Need People challenge.

princesskitten said...

Love those delicate colours

Emma H said...

Such a lovely card - and that image really shines! Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with Fab N Funky this week!

Marcy said...

Wow, Denise I love your card! Your coloring is super duper!!

Mandy said...

Beautiful card,love the sweet image and your colours and papers are lovely...Won't tell you the amount of times I've had to colour the image again..lol...
Mandy x

Alina said...

it's a very beautiful card, I like the bow and the charm!
thank you so much for all your nice comments!
hugs, Alina

Faith A said...

WOW Denise, I love what you have done AND the cloud paper, so clever and all so colourful

xxxtglxxx said...

Oooh, I really like this - fab colour combo! :) Cute image and adorable little sweeties. Great welly-bobs too!

hugs

xxalisonxx

alicaz said...

so sweet! Love this image and the colors you used too!

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Hugs, Alica ;)