Thursday, 23 February 2012

Digi Doodle Shop Challenges #96

For my DYSU DT card please scroll down - thanks xx

Back again, this time with my DT card for this week's challenge over at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges where we have a lovely sketch for you to follow.


As it is Team Karen's turn to host the challenge this week - I have a card to show you!!

I have been wanting to use this little fella for such a long time and decided that if I flipped the sketch sideways, I could!!  He is called "Hoot Owl" and I just adore him. I cut the clouds from some paper I printed for the inside of the card and coloured them with a Promarker.

love those big eyes :0)

and this is the inside. The ovals have been cut on my Cricut.

Recipe:-
Medium - Promarkers
Papers - Clouds from  Pink Petticoat "Fluffy Clouds", Dots from Nitwits "Deer Friends" and Stripe from Summer Driggs "Boy Oh Boy"
Sentiment - Printed on my computer
Cardstock - Linen Texture from The Paper Mill
Brads - stash

I love this sketch - so easy to use and I am really happy with the end result. Sketches are so handy when your mojo takes his annual leave (which mine is doing at the moment - lol).  I hope you like my card and that it has inspired you to join in with this great challenge. Please take a look at the rest of  Team Karen's creations - they really are gorgeous and varied. 

While you are there, why not visit the Digi Doodle Shop and browse through all of the gorgeous stamps - there is also a clever new gadget on the store front  that I am sure you will enjoy - not telling what it is, you will have to go take a look!!!!
Once again, thank you so much for looking.
Happy Crafting
Denise xx

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
Creative Card Crew #4 - Masculine
Scrap-Creations - Critter
Bunny Zoe's #21 - Celebrations
The Cheerful Stamp Pad #36 - Happy Birthday
Incy Wincy Designs #134 - Birthday




31 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the owl.xxx

Judy said...

You did a fabulous job here, hun. Great choice of stamps for this challenge. I love how you used the clouds as part of the sketch..way cool!

xo

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card and I love those clouds!
Clairexx

Sheryl Hare said...

Denise this is stunning. I love the DP and that image is great! Thanks for joinung us at Incy Wincy this week - good luck Sheryl xx

Tammy said...

Very sweet and whimsical! Perfect birthday card.

Bettina L. said...

What a great interpretation of the sketch. Love those clouds and those big eyes too. Gorgeous design. Bettina xx

~ Ali ~ said...

Denise this is fantastic!! Very creative with the sketch. Love what you have done with it

ali x

Wishcraft said...

Fabulous card hun! I love how you've used the sketch - the clouds were a brilliant idea, great papers too :o) Lisa x

Vicky said...

This is gorgeous sweetie loving the layout & the papers. The image is so cute & those clouds look awesome hunni.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

WencheP said...

It's just fabulous, love the owls and the clouds are just perfect!

Hugs,
Wenche

Debs M said...

love that owl! gorgeous card and papers and great idea with the clouds x

coops said...

stunning card denise.i am loving your fab clouds and design and gorgeous sweet owl :D

xx coops xx

Karen said...

Great card Denise, love what you've done with the clouds.
xx

lalkygirl said...

what a fantastic card ,love the clouds and how you have decorated the inside too
tracey x

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie this is just gorgeous big happy hugs Pops x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is fabulous Denise. This is gorgeous inside and out.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Mary J said...

Oh, I just love what you've done with that owl, Denise - lovely little scene!!

June Nelson said...

Denise this is wonderful darlin I love that cute image and those little clouds are gorgeous xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Linda said...

This turned out so cute. I love your take on the sketch. That owl is so cute. Love those eyes! Hugs, Linda

Mary Jo said...

Love this! Cool interpretation of the sketch. Such yummy colors too.

Ani said...

Fab card! I love the layout! Thanks for playing along at Creative Card Crew challenge this fortnight! Hope come and join us in the next challenges! Ani
P.S. I have a candy on my blog if you're interested http://beautifulworld-ani.blogspot.com

xxxtglxxx said...

Hey, I love how you have done this sketch Denise :) Nuttin' wrong with your mojo at all on this, its an inspired card hun!

Cute owl, love his eyes too, and great colouring and backing paper. Really well thought-out :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Jules said...

Hi Denise

I love this very much!!

Beautiful inside and out.

Love your image and sentiment .. .. great take on the sketch.

Have a good Sunday.

Love Jules xx

ahlers5 said...

This card is fantastic! Love it.

Maria Therese said...

Sweet card ♥ Thank you for joining us at Bunny Zoe's Crafts!

Jude said...

Hi Denise & Louise,
It was really good to meet your both on Saturday with Vicky & Teresa. I have now added myself to your list of followers.

Have fun with your new crafty stash. Gorgeous card! Love the owl.

Hugs
Judex

Karen Wilson said...

Hello!! Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. I love your card!! AWESOME take on the card sketch too!!

Angela said...

Awesome card...so clever how you have used clouds for the circles! Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Card Crew!

WeirdCat said...

This is gorgeous, love those clouds,
Ruth x

Liva said...

Really beautiful! I hope to use this owl in my next card - think you have inspired me :)
Hugs,
Liva ❤

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant card Denise I love, love that cute owl and the clouds, the papers and colours look fantastic.
hugs
Lorraine x