Thursday, 9 February 2012

Digi Doodle Shop Challenge #94

Told you I would be back.
This week over at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges, it's team Karen's turn to inspire you and our theme is One For The Boys. Not one we all relish but we do all occasionally need a card for him!!


I chose to use this great image called "The Adamant Golfer - Focus" for my card, which is one of the newer stamps for men over in the Digi Doodle Shop.  I just loved this pose and was even more amazed when I read that it was inspired by an actual golfer nicknamed "Spider-Man" ........

This is Camilo Villegas in his famous "Spider Man" pose - looks somewhat painful to me - lol!!  Anyway, painful poses aside, I wanted an amusing golfing pun for the inside of the card so searched the web and found this one which fitted the image perfectly :0)  

Don't know about you, but I wouldn't be able to produce anything graceful after getting myself into that position, but then I'm no golfer - lol!!

Recipe:
Medium - Promarkers
Papers - stash that I have had for years - think it's possibly Basic Grey 
Letters, cardstock  and brads - stash

So, that's my "One for the Boys" card. The rest of the Design Team have produced some gorgeous cards for your inspiration and we are all looking forward to seeing your entries.

Hugs
Denise xx

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
Craft Us Crazy #20 - Anything Goes
Scrapbook Sisters #70 - Anything Goes




29 comments:

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is fantastic Denise. Love your layout. Papers go so well and that sentiment in the insert is fab. Awesome colouring.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Maritha said...

ha ha ha ....i would NEVER get up again from that position!! =)

LOOOOVE that card of yours!! =)

Hugs

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow this is fabulous!
hugs
kim x

Karen said...

Great card Denise, love the sentiment too.
xx

Linda said...

LOL When I putt, I bend at the waist and give everyone a hilarious view of my backside. Sure hope no one ever took a pic of my pose. LOL But then no one ever called my shots graceful either.

Denise this is a great card honey. I love your coloring and layout. Hugs

Suzilou said...

That image is just brilliant and love the card, great clours and papers :)

Vicky said...

Fantastic Denise...lol...!

big hugs Vicky xx

Deb said...

that is such a fabulous card, so love that image and even better when you see the photo that inspired it, fantastic!
Debxx

Wishcraft said...

Lol what a fun image, love it! Great colouring and love the papers too :o) Lisa x

Doreen said...

A great card ,love the image,great papers.xxx

Mina said...

wow that does look SO painful, I would never get back up again lol...love your card and your right the sentiment is perfect for it...major paper envy that lush distressed one is yummy
Mina xxx

Tammy said...

I love what you created with this super fun image! Love the inside sentiment!

Judy said...

rofl.. great job, and the sentiment is too perfect...wtg Sweetie!!

xo

Mandy said...

Fabulous card,great image,I know my brother would love it,he's golf mad...
Mandy x

debby4000 said...

Oh what a brilliant Man's card.
luv
Debby

Mummylade said...

it's a fantastic pose. I don't think I could ever manage that =).
Thank you so much for joining our Free and Easy challenge at Allsorts and good luck!

Jules said...

Tee hee Denise!!! If I managed to get myself into that position in the first place it would be a miracle .. .. and then it would probably take me another five minutes to get up in what would no-doubt be a not very graceful manner LOL!!!

Love your card. It is great inside and out! Just perfect for those awkward males.

Love Jules xx

Mary J said...

What a great card, Denise! Love those papers!

lalkygirl said...

what a superb card ,love the layout colours and the insert is brilliant ,thanks for showing the pic too
tracey x

coops said...

fantastic card denise.this image is brilliant and i love your fab papers and design :D

xx coops xx

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie this is stunning love your colour choices big happy hugs Pops x x x

xxxtglxxx said...

How awesome is this Denise! What a brilliant digi-stamp, its so much like the photo its amazing.

Great guy card, really stylish!

Hope you have a smashing weekend hun,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Faye said...

Spider Man's technique looks similar to mine. The only difference being I'd be on the ground, sleeping!! ;) This is such a fun card and I love the soft nod to golf colours too. xx

Elaine said...

Fantastic!
I love this card and the sentiment is perfect. I have nothing but admiration for anyone who can make male cards, and this one is brilliant.

Hugs Elaine xx

June Nelson said...

This really made me laugh Denise and the sentiment is perfect, what a brilliant card xxxxxxx

coldwaters2 said...

This is brilliant Denise I love that fun golf image and what a great design super card.
hugs
Lorraine x

ahlers5 said...

Great card! Wonderful sentiment inside...too funny.

Faith A said...

LOVE the image and the papers you've used with it, a fabulous card

Liva said...

Oh my this was a good laugh! And the quote - just perfect! Well all card is perfect what more can I say :)
And i didn't know that golfers actually do that...
Hugs,
Liva ❤