Thursday, 26 January 2012

DYSU Challenge #56

It's time again for a new challenge over at Do You Stack Up? and our theme this week is RIBBONS.  I bet we all have yards and yards of lovely ribbon in our stash, so let's get them out and put them to some good use!!


We have four wonderful sponsors this week and they are.......

The Ribbon Reel - £10 Gift Voucher

Dearie Dolls Digi Stamps - Winner's choice of  4 images

Crafty Sentiments Designs - Winner's choice of 4 images

The Stamping Boutique - Winner's choice of 5 images


I got to use this gorgeous "Smoochie"  image from The Stamping Boutique and made a centre step card as I haven't made one of these for ages!!  The ribbon I have used was already pleated and the flower was made by simply gathering a length and stitching it together. Simple but quite effective me thinks!!

Isn't she sweet. If you would like to buy her or one of the other Smoochies - you can find them HERE - they are all real cuties.

Recipe:
Medium - Promarkers
Papers - Echo Park Springtime - Floral Fun
Ribbon, buttons and cardstock - stash
Sentiment - Craftwork Cards

The rest of the DT have made some beautiful cards so I do hope you can find the time to pop over to the DYSU Challenge blog and take a look. Hopefully, you will be inspired by their gorgeousness and will enter a gorgeous creation of your own :0)  I look forward to seeing it.

Well that's all from me for now. I shall be back later with my Digi Doodle Shop DT card but until then, thank you so much for looking.
Hugs
Denise xx

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
The Stamping Boutique - Monthly Challenge
Lexi's Creations #57 - Fancy Folds
Stamp & Create January Challenge - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes


25 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Denise

Wow!!

This is a brilliant make.

Love the shape, your image and how you have used your scrummy ribbon.

Love Jules xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Denise, this is gorgeous - the soft colouring is so pretty and I love the pleated ribbon - might have to go in search for some of that!
Have a happy day - hugs, Sylvia xx

Debs M said...

great step card and papers, love it x

Naomi said...

This is just SO cute, Denise! That image is adorable, I love the step card...and that pleated ribbon flower is FANTASTIC!

Hugs,
Naomi

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, this is fabulous as always hugs Pops x x x

Doreen said...

Love your gorgeous card,a really lovely image.xxx

Joey said...

Denise this is so pretty, gorgeous image, love the springlike colours too, that ribbon is stunning. Joey x

Pauline said...

This is stunning, I love this centre step card, and the image is a real sweetie!

WencheP said...

This is supercute! Love the yellow buttons and the image is just awesome!

Hugs,
Wenche

NanaConnie said...

What a delightful card, Denise. Love the ribbon treatment on the bottom! I'm so glad you played our challenge at Lexi's Creations this time. Good luck in the draw and I really hope you're going to play again next time. We love seeing regulars. :-D
NanaConnie Lexi's DT

coops said...

so stunning denise.i love your pleated ribbon and gorgeous pretty colours and image ;D

xx coops xx

Glenda Atkins said...

What a lovely fun card, I really like those center step cards! Yours is so fresh, bright and I love how you did your ribbon. Wonderful card, thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations this fortnight!

Tracey Malnofski said...

I'm in love with this!!!

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous card Denise, that image is delightful and I rather like that runched ribbon and flower the papers and embellishments look super.
hugs
Lorraine x

Cheryl said...

Awww, she's so sweet. I love all the feminine, soft colors and those ribbons are fab. Great center step card design! Thanks for joining us for the FTTC this week.

Chris (catt871) said...

This is gorgeous! I LOVE the center step card & that image is so cute! LOVE the pleated ribbon too! THANKS for joining us at Simon Says Stamp this week!
Hugs,
Chris

xxxtglxxx said...

How pretty is this! :) Cute card and I love the sweet candy colours.

hugs

xxalisonxx

Mary Jo said...

So pretty! Love the ribbon treatments and the colors make me long for spring!! You are so talented!

Marcy said...

Love this! So pretty...I love how soft it is and all the layers...Love it!!

princesskitten said...

Love that shape - really different

Silke Ledlow said...

Totally cute Denise! Thanks for joining us at the FTTC! Hugs ~S~

Ren-Yi said...

What a cutie. I love the rosette ribbon, the fun little yellow accents, and the gathered ribbon! Lovely lovely...!

JOAN said...

Denise, I can only say WOW, WOW, WOW. Love everything about this card. Specially the color combo and of course your coloring. Hugs, Joan

Faith A said...

Such a pretty card, love those ruffle flowers and the ribbonand again coloured beautifully. Great shape on the card too.

Marlena M. said...

Precious card and lovely ribbon. ;)