Friday, 20 January 2012

Dance A Little Everyday

The lovely Lisa over at Wishcraft has vowed to use a stamp or digi image that has never seen the light of day, every Wednesday and has invited everyone to join her.  I have stacks of uninked stamps and unprinted digis so thought this was a brilliant idea and have tried to take part each week.

This week I was determined to use one of my gorgeous Saturated Canary digis and this is what I came up with.........

This is Zorana, A Dancing Gypsy and I am totally in love with her. She is such fun to colour although I will admit I was totally intimidated by her hair - lol!!   It took me soooo long to colour but I am very pleased with the final result :0)  I also got to use some gorgeous papers that I have had for simply ages!!


Recipe:
Medium - Promarkers (some with fine nibs!!)
Papers - Fancy Pants Wishful Thinking - Pretty Plaid (reverse side) and Sprinkles (both sides)
Flowers -  Prima
Die cut circle - Spellbinders Floral Doily Motifs
Border and tag - Magnolia Doohickey
Sentiment - Freebie found on my computer with no name
Branches -  Martha Stewart punch
Ribbon - stash
Heart pins - Wild Orchid Crafts (coloured with a Promarker)

Why not join in and use up some of those neglected stamps or images - I am sure we all have them. You can link your card on Lisa's blog each week.  Well that's all from me for now. Have fun deciding which stamp you are going to use!!!
Hugs
Denise xx

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
Saturated Canary #9 - Dies and/or punches
I Love Promarkers #100 - Anything Goes
Crafts & Me #67 - Use Pins
Cute Card Thursday #200 - Music & Dance
Pixie Dust Studios - We're going dotty
Truly Scrumptious #72 - Something Forgotten

33 comments:

sandiblu said...

WOW Denise, that's beautiful ! Your colouring is gorgeous and |I love your colour choice. You should enter the Saturated Canary DT call !!

Hugs, Sandra xx

Beth said...

This is gorgeous! Such a beautiful image and the tag looks fab! Thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious Challenge!

Love Beth xx

Maritha said...

SOOOOOO stunning card!! Lovely colours! =)

Have a great weekend
Hugs

CraftyC said...

Your card is gorgeous Denise and the colours are so pretty!
Clairexx

Joey said...

What a great idea that is! I have heaps of unprinted and unused! absolutely love your card hunny, gorgeous colourchoice. Joey x

Loopylou. said...

Hiyah denise.
this is just fabulous hun, love the dp's too and the tag looks great.
Thankyou for sharing it with us over on the saturated canary challenge blog
Hugs Lou xx

June Nelson said...

Wow Denise hw beautiful is this darlin its just perfet and I love it xxxxx

coldwaters2 said...

Wowwwww Denis this is awesome, your colouring of that image is superb especially her hair, the papers, colours and design look fantastic.
Hugs
Lorraine x

ahlers5 said...

This is really lovely. Love the colors and your coloring!

Deb said...

Fantastic card Denise, she is adorable and so love the colours you used on her dress!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
Debxx

Mary J said...

Denise, your colouring is just stunning! gorgeous colour combo and love the embellies!

Faye said...

I would never think to put these colours together, but you've made them look gorgeous. Have a great weekend. xxx

JOAN said...

WOW Denise!! I am so impressed at how you painted this lady. That hair!!! OMG!!! Absolutely love it!!

coops said...

stunning card denise.i really love your papers and design and the image is gorgeous.i love her fantastic hair :D

xx coops xx

Lorraine said...

Great card. Lovely colouring too. I really like how all the colours go so well together. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

Wishcraft said...

So gorgeous Denise, hasn't she got fabulous hair?! I think I'd be a bit worried about colouring her too though, you've done a fab job. Great colours too. Thanks for keeping me company on my little challenge hun :o) Lisa x

Pauline said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love how you coloured her hair - I find that so tricky to do! Gorgeous colours on her wonderful dress too, a smashing card!

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is absolutely stunning :0) big happy hugs love Pops x x

Faith A said...

WOW what a fab image and you've coloured her so beautifully, love the colour combo too.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Denise, so pretty.
I am sooooo guilty of the unused stamps & digis, I wish I knew why we "need" them and not use them, madness lol
hugs Mandy xx

gina g said...

Beautiful card i love the image and papers and fab colouring too.

Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me this time. luv gina xx

Jules said...

Hi Denise

This is gorgeous.

The image is lovely .. .. and you have coloured it beautifully.

I bet it takes her hair a long time to dry!! LOL!!!

Love Jules xx

Clare said...

Beautiful card and the hair is just stunning.

Debs M said...

love this, great colour scheme and colouring, fabby x

Mina said...

wow Denise you certainly have brought her to life, I love love love her hair, beautiful colouring...must have a search through my digis, Im sure I have her too
Mina xxx

xxxtglxxx said...

I too have stacks of digi-images never coloured and also too many stamps that I have inked up, and stamped and still not coloured! Boxes of em! :) lol.

This is beautiful hun, love the delicate balance of colours with the backing papers and then her black hair is wow! :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Mary Jo said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! Beautiful job coloring the gypsy and your colors are perfect as always.

Mandy said...

Wow this is stunning,I love the colours you've used,great papers and layout too...
Mandy x

kbrandy4 said...

Wow!! This is so Gorgeous, i've just purchased my 1st SC image and i can't wait to colour her!! Thanks for sharing at I ♥ Promarkers and good luck!!
Hugs
Hazel xx

Davi said...

What a fun image and You did a gorgeous job coloring that hair!! Love the colors and wonderful sentiment!! Beautiful card ;)

Cheryl said...

Oh WOW! Your coloring is GORGEOUS!

Vicky said...

Oh wowwwwwwwwwww...sweetie this is gorgeous I am loving the colours of her dress & her hair looks amazing so you should be very happy with it hun it all looks fantastic!!!

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

angelwhispers said...

Such wonderful colours just love it! Chanelle xx