Friday, 2 December 2011

Snow Fairy Candle


Last year I decorated a candle for a friend of mine which was my very first attempt at this and I loved it!! So as I had some free time on my hands, I decided I would make another one. This technique looks really effective but is quite easy to do. The most difficult thing was colouring on the tissue paper and taking a decent photo - the light will insist on bouncing off the candle - grrrr!!  You wouldn't believe how may pics I took before getting a half decent one.

I have added glitter to the image and made a matching tag. The stamp I have used is from The Pixie Cottage range at Michelle's Scrapabooking and More shop.  She is called Snow Fairy and is adorable... and so quick and easy to colour - I used Promarkers. Yes...the image on the candle has been reversed (put the tissue paper on the wrong way round - lol).

Anyway - that's my candle. Thank you so much for looking and I hope you like it.

Hugs
Denise xx

I am entering this candle into the following challenges:
Stampin Royalty #100 - Anything But A Card
Whimsey Stamps Inspiration Challenge - Anything But A Card
Crafty Boots - Anything Goes
C.R.A.F.T Challenge #131 - Christmas Present

18 comments:

Teresa said...

Oooh Wow Denise! I have always wondrd how this is done and you are very inspiring - I may have to try this myself! A gorgeous image and it has come out so well on the candle, love the matching tag! Hugs, Teresa x

Jules said...

Oooooo... this is gorgeous Denise!!

I have never decorated a candle - I really must try one day.

Love your little matching tag too.

Love Jules xx

Sheryl Hare said...

What a lovely gift Denise. I love candles and think they make a very special personalised gift. Thanks for joining in the CRAFT challenge this week. Good luck, Sheryl xx

Riet said...

So gorgeous Denise.

Hugs Riet.xx

sharon said...

It's so pretty, love the matching tag too. Thanks for playing along at CRAFT challenge. Sharon x

Mary J said...

Oh wow, what a very pretty - that is so clever Denise! I gotta have a go one day but I'd be worried about wasting a candle by making a mistake!!

Deb said...

It is just so beautiful, love the glitter too! The little tag makes this such a perfect gift for Christmas!
have a great weekend, Debxx

xxxtglxxx said...

Brilliant! :) I have never tried this candle technique but I always think it looks amazing and so effective. Gorgeous image and colours Denise :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Dee's Craft Room said...

Love this project and I impressed you managed to colour the image with your Promarkers.

Thanks for joining in the fun at Crafty Boots Challenge.

Dionne

June Nelson said...

How beautiful I have never tried candles so thanks ofr theinspiration xxxx

coops said...

beautiful candle denise.the image is so sweet.stunning gift idea :D

xx coops xx

Pop's Cards said...

Stunning sweetie, loving the fabby colours hugs pops x

Suzilou said...

I love these candles, make gorgeous gifts, really should give it a try :)

Chris said...

A really lovely gift Denise, someone is going to be very lucky! Chris x

Faith A said...

Oh! another WOW from me for this gorgeous gift, love the tag too, had a laugh when you say the image is reversed, haven't we all done something like it LOL.

I really must try this, I know my SIL would love something like it.

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Denise this is absolutely fantastic, what a beautiful image the sparkle really shows up, this is one superb gift.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Tammy said...

Lovely idea for a gift although I would hate to burn it. The image is beautiful!

Faye said...

Oh, ooh, oooooooh, me likey, me likey alot. xxx