Thursday, 29 December 2011

DYSU #52 - Rainbow of Colours



Hello all! 
I hope you had a lovely Christmas and that Santa bought you everything you wanted!!!
This week we have a huge celebration in store! Do You Stack Up? is one year old and we are ready to party! For this challenge, we want to see a Rainbow of Colors! on your project, so you need to use at least 3 colours from the Inspiration Photo below.  


We have some wonderful sponsors this week....
Do You Stack Up?!
Surprise Package



Stitchy Bear Designs 
$10 Gift Voucher 




Bugaboo Stamps 
Winner’s Choice of 7 Digis



Dearie Dolls
Winner’s Choice of 4 Digis




The Paper Shelter 
$20 Gift Certificate




Pink Cat Studios 
Winner’s Choice of 5 Digis



Amber Ink 
$10 gift certificate

Little Claire Designs 
Two Clear Stamp Sets




Hope Jacare 
Winner’s Choice of 3 Images




My inspiration this week uses a gorgeous digi stamp from Pink Cat Studios called "Lily as Rapunzel".  As soon as I saw this image I knew it was perfect for a bookmark, so I made two for my granddaughters. I attached the little circle message to the top of the bookmark with a peg so that they can clip the whole thing to the page. The image is coloured with Promarkers and the pegs I used came from Hobbycraft. Not much more to tell you really, these were so simple to make!!!!

With the last challenge of the year comes some good-byes and hellos. Miranda and Heather will be moving on to other creative ventures in the new year. I wish you both well and want to let you know that I and the team will miss you dearly! We will also have some new team members, check out the blog to see who they are.

I hope you will help us celebrate our 1st Birthday by joining us for this week's great challenge - we have some fantastic prizes up for grabs from our nine wonderful sponsors and the rest of the team has created some beautiful inspiration for you :0)

Hugs
Denise xx

I am entering these into the following challenges:
I Love Promarkers #97 - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Crafty Sentiments - Bookmarks







16 comments:

Naomi said...

I just ADORE these bookmarks, Denise! What a BRILLIANT idea and they turned out BEAUTIFULLY! LOVE the colours and the SUPER cute images!

Hope you enjoyed Christmas and Best Wishes for the year to come!

Hugs,
Naomi

Miranda said...

hi Denise,
your bookmarks are so adorable your granddaughters will surely love them. Thanks for the lovely time we had over at DYSU I'm really gonna miss you, it was great working with you but we will meet again in blogland
big hugs
Miranda

WencheP said...

These are so cute. I just love the images and the soft colours.

Hugs,
Wenche

CraftyC said...

Your bookmarks are very sweet Denise!
Clairexx

coops said...

aw these are gorgeous denise.i love the sweet images and really pretty colours ;D

xx coops xx

Ani said...

These bookmarks are so beautiful!
Hugs, Ani
I have a candy on my blog in case you're interested :)
http://beautifulworld-ani.blogspot.com

Chris said...

They're so cute Denise and I bet your Granddaughters loved them! Gorgeous colouring and such a sweet image too. Wishing you a happy new year. Hugs, Chris :)

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie these are the most gorgeous bookmarks, so so pretty!! Love the design of them & the soft colours...your grand-daughters will adore these I'm sure hun.

Hope you had a wonderful christmas hun & I wish you the very best for the new year ahead, hope its a good one for you.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Mary Jo said...

These are fit for princesses, which I'm sure your granddaughters will feel like when they receive these lovely bookmarks. Love how you followed the shape of the stamp and the toppers with pegs are so clever! Fun take on the challenge!

Marcy said...

You know I think these are just adorable! Love the circle on top. too!

Pauline said...

Just gorgeous bookmarks, love this sweet image! Happy new year!

Scrappy Scatty said...

What a lovely bookmark thank you for joining us this time at Crafty Sentiments
Love Jan
xx

Jac said...

Very cute and girly, love the idea of the peg too. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week

Ren-Yi said...

Denise - what wonderful magical bookmarks. These would make great party give-aways or gifts! Thanks for the inspiration...

Mandy said...

Denise these are gorgeous hun, soooooo cute & a fab design.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our anything goes challenge.
Happy New Year
hugs Mandy xx

JOAN said...

Super cute!! I love how you use te image. Hugs, Joan