Thursday, 22 December 2011

DYSU #51 - Stripes



Good Morning lovely Bloggers,
I hope you have all managed to finish your Christmas preparations and are relaxing now!!!!! I am off to my Daughter's tomorrow and won't be home until mid next week so please forgive me if I don't comment on your blogs for a while. I promise to catch up when I get back.
Our challenge this week at Do You Stack Up? is STRIPES - striped paper, striped design, striped ribbon or even striped flowers -  :0)


Our lovely sponsors this week are:

The Craft's Meow - Winner's choice of 1 stamp set

Prairie Fairy Designs - $15 Gift Certificate


I was sent this gorgeous stamp from The Craft's Meow called "Little Frieda's Daisy" which comes with three sentiments - one of which I have also used. This card really was a labour of love - the scalloped card has been constructed from a circle and smaller punched circles stuck around the edges - took me ages!!!! (Please Santa - can I have a Grand Calibre for Christmas - hehe). I also decided to go overboard with the flowers.

Close-up of this sweet image showing the paper pieced dress.


Recipe:
Medium - Promarkers and Tumbled Glass Distress Ink
DPs - Papermania Capsule Collection - Aqua
Flowers  and ribbon - stash
Carsdstock - stash - white coloured with Distress Ink

Hopefully you will have some time for playing over the Christmas holiday and we really would love for you to join us for this challenge. Do take a look at the rest of the Design Team's work - they have created some beauties for your inspiration.

That's it from me for now. I will be back later with my Digi Doodle Shop DT card.
Hugs
Denise xx

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Bearly Mine #26 - Anything Goes
Ladybugs Craft Ink TLT #50 - Bingo (ribbon, flowers, punches/die cuts)
Bunny Zoes Crafts - Fancy Folds/Shaped Cards
Incy Wincy Designs #125 - Circle Cards
Crafts & Me #66 - Anything Goes



17 comments:

Vicky said...

WOW......sweetie this is soooooo gorgeous love the colour, the image the shape......I love EVERYTHING about this card shug.

Hope you have a fabulous magical christmas sweetie & all the very best for 2012.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Faye said...

This is a lovely colour combo and a fab easel card. Have a super Christmas and New Year. xxx

Jan Garber said...

This is precious! I love all the flowers, not too many at all! And all the work put into that card shape! It's perfect!

coops said...

fabulous card denise.i love the sweet shape and gorgeous image and colours :D

xx coops xx

Miranda said...

gorgeous card Denise, love the shape and the colour
your digi doodle card is also very very lovely
hugs
Miranda

craftymum said...

This card is gorgeous. you can enter it into Hotshot craft's 2nd challenge
hugs sarah x

sarahwrightdesigns.blogspot.com

Nikki said...

This is just a fantastic card love your coloring and thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy this week. Merry Christmas too
hugs Nikki & DT

xxxtglxxx said...

This looks brilliant Denise - great colours and wonderful shape!

hugs

xxalisonxx

princesskitten said...

Love this shape

Dorcas said...

THis is such a beautiful card! I'm so glad you got the chance to join in our monthly challenge at Bunny Zoe's!
Hugs,
Dorcas
ps) There's still a few days left to join in my blog candy if you haven't already done so. You can find it at the top of my sidebar. :)

JOAN said...

Love it!! I like the soft sponging and the card shape. Great job with the paper piecing too!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Denise this is gorgeous what a cute image I adore the shape and colours of this one and those flowers just add to it's beauty, thank you for joining our challenge at Bearlymine.
Hugs
Lorraine x
Ps I hope that you and your family had a lovely Christmas.

Faith A said...

What a cute card

Kerry said...

Wow Denise...this is super cute. I love circle easel cards! The colours are fab as are the flowers Your colouring is perfect! Thanks for joining in at LCI. Happy New Year when it comes xx

Mary Jo said...

I can only imagine how much time you spent on this card, but it was worth every minute! LOVE it! You DO need a Grand Caliber. lol I hope Santa brought you one!

Crafteezee said...

Gorgeous, love the shape and love stripes too. Thanks for joining us at BunnyZoe. Hugs Tracy x

Ren-Yi said...

Denise - this card is amazing. I love the easel and color choices you made here :) I think Lisa will be delighted!