Thursday, 15 December 2011

DDSC #87 - Paper Piercing

If you are looking for my Pixie Cottage Blog Hop post....go HERE!!



Back again - this time with my DT card for Digi Doodle Shop Challenges, where this week we want to see some PAPER PIERCING on your creations. 

This was a first for me but I must say it was great fun - I haven't gone overboard with the piercing but did do some around the image and a couple of flourishes on the corner of the papers. I don't own any paper piercing templates so searched the internet for some patterns, printed one out on paper and just pricked through the design. I had some pricking tools which I had bought an age ago when I fancied trying Pergamano (never got very far with this though - far too impatient!!)

The image I have used is called "Fairy in Flight" and you can get her here in the Digi Doodle Shop.

Close-ups showing the sparkle and the piercing .

And the inside.

Recipe:
Medium - Promarkers
Papers - Wild Rose Studios - Butterfly Garden Stack (candy win from Dawny P xx)
Swirl - Doohickey Die
Flowers, cardstock, tiny pearls, brads and ribbon - stash
Butterfly - Martha Stewart punch
Glitter - Diamond Sparkles - Butterfly Trails (Hunky Dory)

If you are unsure about paper piercing, please take a look at the rest of the teams creations. The piercing is very varied and their cards are sure to inspire you to join in with this challenge. I really hope you do :0)
Thanks once again for looking.
Hugs and Happy Piercing!!
Denise xx

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Cupcake Craft #172 - Don't Look at the Light
One Stitch at a Time #92 - Use a Digi
The Corrosive Chalenge #139 - Anything but Christmas
Delightful Challenges - Anything Goes
Flutterby Wednesdays #183 - Open Challenge

33 comments:

skylife said...

A real shiny fairy-godmother - love the color combo and the piercing is just enough and on the right places! Awesome card!

Hugs,
Zlatina

Doreen said...

Such a pretty card,love all the glitter on the fairy.xxx

Tammy said...

Simply beautiful! Love how her wings sparkle!

Vicky said...

Just so beautiful Denise....and loving the sparkle too hun...

big hugs Vicky xx

Regan said...

Lovely card! Great paper piercing - love the swirls! And the sparkle on her wings is a fabulous detail! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge! :)
{hugs}
Regan

June Nelson said...

Denise this is beautiful, the poiercing is very clever and the sparkle on that fairy is amazing!! well done you Ilove it xxx

Pauline said...

What a gorgeous delicate feeling card! The image is beautiful, and I love the delicate paper piercing!

Linda said...

Love your patterns of piercing. Pretty artsy Denise. I have a friend who does peragamo ALL THE TIME. Beautiful, but I don't see me having the patience though. Great card. Linda

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous what fab image.
luv
Debby

downrightcrafty said...

oh a beautiful creation, just love it
Hugs Kate xx

lalkygirl said...

what a beautiful crd ,so delicate and pretty and i love the gl;ittery wings
tracey x

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie this is stunning, I love the cute image hugs pops x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous sweetie. Your piercing is super. I am never good at anything like that.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Teresa said...

Wow Denise! I love all that sparkle on her, it looks amazing! She is coloured beautifully and that paper pieced outfit looks gorgeous. I love your perfect stitching around the circle mat too. Big Hugs, Teresa x

Wishcraft said...

This is so pretty Denise! Lovely image and gorgeous colours. Love that little pierced design too, looks fab :o) Lisa x

Brodders said...

Lovely sparkles :)

Thanks for joining us this week over at Cupcake crafts and good luck x

coops said...

so stunning denise,your colours are beautiful and i love the pretty image ;D

xx coops xx

Carol Ann said...

Beautiful soft colours on your card a plesent change from all the Christmas colours being used at the moment. Thanks for playing along at OSAAT this week.
Carol Ann xx

Janet said...

This is just beautiful hunny

Merry Christmas!

Janet x

Judy said...

Very pretty card hun. Really looks magical, and great for this time of year. Very nicely done.

xx

Shelly said...

Beautiful card and sparkle!!! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and have a lovely Christmas! Shelly x

Mary Jo said...

Such a fun, dreamy feel to this card. Perfect for a fairy image. The piercing rocks!

Bettina L. said...

Awsome fairy and I just love that colour combo and design. Bettina xx

xxxtglxxx said...

You did a great job of the paper-piecing Denise! :)

This is a delightful image and you have coloured her brilliantly. I love the colour scheme on this, really lovely this time of year :)

Have a smashing week!

hugs

xxalisonxx

craftybunny said...

Such delicate shading on her wings.Super job with the piercing.Beautiful card inside and out.
Lisa x

Jules said...

Hi Denise

I hope you are well .. .. I am busy playing catch up!!!

Such a lovely layout and I love your paper piercing .. .. especially the swirls!! They look gorgeous.

Beautiful delicate colours too.

Love Jules xx

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Denise I have been putting the wrong name down on my other comments, please forgive me I just don't know why I was thinking that name except that I had a card from a relative today named Vicky, I feel awful, so so sorry. I am so loving this beautiful creation I love your choice of image and colours, those papers are gorgeous so is that paper piercing this is ACE.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Mary J said...

How delicate, fresh and gorgeous Denise! Love the inside!

Janna Werner said...

Heya Denise, queen of pastels :) Another great card! You must get tired of me saying that all the time lol :)=

Hugs
Janna
xoxo

sallysbitz said...

Your card looks beautiful x
Love the papers, very delicate.

Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Faith A said...

So so pretty, love the colours

Liva said...

This is such a gorgeous card!
Hugs,
Liva ❤

Vicky said...

Sweetie this is sooooo pretty & beautiful. Love the image & the sparkle & your paper piercing looks fab hun.
Sorry I'm so behind on my commenting.....someone is stealing some of my hours cus I aint getting 24 thats for sure...lol

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx