Thursday, 8 December 2011

DDSC #86 - Nature


Hello again!!
The theme this week over at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges is "NATURE"- an easy one for you. This can include any animal, bird, fish, flower, tree - the list really is endless!!

As I have not quite finished my Christmas cards, I chose this Cardinal for my DT creation this week. The image does have some flowers on the end of the branch but I decided to cover them with the poinsettia, which was originally white but I coloured it with a Promarker.

 A close-up of the image - I searched the internet for pictures of Red Cardinals, so I hope I have done this beautiful bird justice with my colouring - lol.   I have added some glitter to the branch for a snow effect but its not showing up that well in the pictures.

For the inside, I added a tag to write a message on.

Recipe:
Medium - Promarkers, Derwent Pencils and Old Paper Distress Ink
Papers - some freebies I got last year from a magazine
Poinsettia and Sentiment - Craftwork Cards (again from last year)
Holly - cut on the Cricut
Red sparkly leaves - cut from a Christmas decoration
Pearls - stash (also coloured with Promarkers)
Tag - cut on the Cricut

If you haven't got any Nature themed images, The Digi Doodle Shop is having a great sale at the moment - 25% off all images - so why not take a look and see if there is anything you might like. They have some really wonderful digis. The rest of the girls on the DT have created some gorgeous cards, so please pop over to Digi Doodle Shop Challenges and be inspired.

Thanks for popping by.
Hugs
Denise xx

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Crafty Creations #147 - A Card with a Sentiment
Creative Belli #132 - Winter and Christmas
My Mum's Craft Shop #35 - Traditional Christmas
Penny's Paper'Crafty #68 - Merry Christmas
Creative Card Crew - 'Tis the Season
Tuesday Throwdown #77 - Celebrate the Season





39 comments:

Tammy said...

We have lots of cardinals and I say you've colored the image perfectly! Love the poinsettia.

Donelda said...

Yes, your cardinal is beautiful! and I love the layout that you chose to use with him!! Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Creations.

Suzilou said...

What a lovely image and gorgeous colour, great papers and layout :)

Vicky said...

So beautiful Denise....and I love the gorgeous flower too hun :o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Doreen said...

What a gorgeous card,love the colours.xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Denise this is awesome. Fantastic colouring hun.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie this is gorgeous I love the bird....I'm not good at colouring birdies....well tbh I'm not good at colouring animals lol. This however is gorgeous & your colouring is perfect!!

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Starla B. said...

This is just gorgeous! Fabulous coloring! My hubby's grandma would adore this card. She loves cardinals. =D

xx Star

lalkygirl said...

wow what a stunner ,beautifully coloured and your poinetta is awesome
tracey x

maryr917 said...

Such a beautiful card-love your cardinal image-thanks for joining us at creative belli “winter-christmas challenge

Karen said...

Lovely Denise, love your colouring of the bird too, I'm not brave enough to try it..... lol, lovely flower too.
xx

Kellylouj said...

A great card, thanks for joining us at the creative card crew challenge.
kelly x

Bettina L. said...

Beautiful cardinal bird and you've coloured it perfectly. Love your colour combo and that flower is stunning. Bettina xx

Mary J said...

So wonderful Denise! I love that tag inside too!

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Wow! Love the coloring and the work on the poinsettia!

Thanks for joining us at Penny’s Paper-Crafty Merry Christmas Challenge!

Kathleen – Guest Designer
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz at http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Linda said...

Beautiful coloring of the cardinal. Your nature card is so very pretty. Love cardinals. **Linda

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card Denise :o) Fab image and love how you've coloured it (although I must admit, I wouldn't know what they're supposed to look like lol!), great layout too. Lisa x

June Nelson said...

Ots briliant Denise I would be terrified to colour a bird but you have done it wondefully its lovely xxx

Mandy said...

Wonderful card Denise,lovely image,but like Lisa,wouldn't have a clue what they are suppose to be like,but I know I love it....Have a lovely weekend...
Mandy x

Tracy said...

Wow! What a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at MMCS
Tracy x

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie this is really gorgeous what a sweet little image in fab colours hugs pops x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Denise.

Hugs Riet.xx

coops said...

so stunning denise.the image is fantastic and i love your striking colours :D

xx coops xx

Faith A said...

Talk about on the ball LOL, thanks for the comment on my card.

I LOVE how you have done this card Denise, the colouring is just gorgeous. The poinsietta is just perfect at the end of the branch like that too.

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Denise, so elegant :)
hugs Mandy xx

*Alison* said...

WOW.. your coloring is divine.. and I love that flower.. perfect Christmas card.. hugs

Nasir said...

The red bird and the red flower is awesome.

Print vip cards
Transparent business cards

sallysbitz said...

This is stunning Denise. Love your layout & your colouring is perfect x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Marcea said...

what a lovely card, love the vibrant colours and the flower is beautiful xxx

Shelby said...

Beautiful card! Your coloring is excellent and the tag on the inside is fantastic. Thanks for joining us at Penny's.

Shelby

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Denise this is so beautiful the papers, colours and design are super that Red Cardinal is fantastic you have coloured it to perfection.
Hugs
Lorraine x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A very striking card Denise - the Cardinal is stunning. Love your layout too.
Have a happy Sunday - hugs, Sylvia xx

craftyb said...

Fsbulous card - I LOVE the striking colours of the image! Hope you join us again soon at Crafty Creations Challenges! bx

xxxtglxxx said...

Just wow at your colouring of this cardinal Denise! :)

I really struggle with animals and birds, but this is really inspirational. :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Janna Werner said...

Wow Denise, sooo intensive, love the colors and motive + details!! Have a lovely day, my friend! Janna

Jill said...

gorgeous card thanks for joining us at MMCS hugs Jill xx

Faye said...

What A.Mazing colouring. A fabulous card. xxx

Mary Jo said...

Beautiful job coloring the image-it looks perfect! Love the poinsettia, it's the perfect finishing touch!

Robin Parker said...

I just LOVE this creation. The cardinal is greatly paired with the pointsettia. Thanks for sharing on the Belli Challenge.