Wednesday, 9 November 2011

The Pixie Cottage - Blue For A Boy


Hi All,
This post has been scheduled because I will be with Louise, who came home from her Jordan trek on Monday - updates and photos to come.

This week at The Pixie Cottage, our challenge theme is Blue for a Boy with this sketch - remember you can do either or both.

Isn't this a great sketch :0)


For my card this week, I followed both the theme and the sketch using this gorgeous stamp called Love A Lot Lion - he's so cute and an absolute joy to colour. You can find him here at Michelle's Scrapbooking and More shop. I put the sketch onto a square card, but you could quite easily make this a circular one. I cut all my circles on the Cricut and popped the image and message onto foam squares to give them some dimension.




This card will be going to friends of Louise's who had a little boy last week while she was away. I hope they like it!!

The inside, decorated to match.


Recipe:
Medium - Promarkers
Gingham paper - stash
Clouds - Pink Petticoat
Brads and bow - stash
Sentiment - very old Hero Arts stamp

That's all from me for today except to say, I hope you play along with this great challenge. The randomly picked winner will win two stamps of their choice from the Pixie Cottage Collection. Oh...and don't forget to take a look at the rest of the DT's creations. They are fantastic!!

Hugs
Denise xx

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Dream Valley #19 - Anything Goes
Scrapbook Sisters #59 - Baby, baby
Bearly Mine #23 - One for the boys
Crafty Sentiments - New baby

21 comments:

sandiblu said...

Oh Denise, how adorable is her and I just love what you have done with him !

Welcome home to Louise !!

Hugs, Sandra xx

Tammy said...

Sweet card for a baby boy. Darling image and wonderfully colored.

Davi said...

Denise this is one darling baby boy card. The checks and layers look wonderful with the sweet little lion ;)

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

Oh Denise - I LOVE your card!! I love your cute cute lion, the soft blues/yellow you used, your layout, your cute cloud paper .. it's just perfect!! did I say I LOVE your card!! xxx Steph

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

oh and enjoy your day with Louise!

Mina said...

welcome home Louise...I bet your having fun having your Daughter back Denise...your card is fabulous, I love the lion hes brilliant...have fun together girls
Mina xxx

Teresa said...

Hi Denise - a fab card and a great image, he looks so cute! - so pleased you have Lousie back. Hugs, Teresa x

Suzilou said...

Great card Denise, very sweet image and I love the sketch, may try and have a go at that if I get the chance :)

Vicky said...

So adorable Denise....and loving this sketch too...!

big hugs Vicky xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Denise.

Hugs Riet.xx

coops said...

aw i love this denise.gorgeous soft colours and the image is so sweet :D

xx coops xx

Bronwen said...

Such a lovely card Denise. And that is a very nice sketch to use.
I'm so pleased Louise is back safely and achieved her goal - really something to be proud of!
Take care

June Nelson said...

Im sure the recipient will adore it!! its such a cutie and I love the colour matches too xxxxx

Jack said...

This is a beautiful card, and I love the colours you have used. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley. xx

Wishcraft said...

Aww this is just so adorable! Love the sweet lion and fab papers. Great layout too, love the matching inside :o) Lisa x

xxxtglxxx said...

I agree with - this is utterly adorable! Love how clean and bright it looks too :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Jac said...

Absolutely adorable card, love the gingham and that lion is just so cute and huggable. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Denise this is totally fantastic that image is so cute and adorable, I could give him a cuddle, lol, the papers and design are perfect, thank you for joining our challenge at Bearlymine
Hugs
Lorraine x

Dora said...

Aww how cute and so pretty, love these soft colours and fab papers... perfect choice for a baby card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week.

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Gorgeous card..... sweetie and I love the image you have used….. Thanks for joing at BMD this week…and good luck.....

Hugs
Judith

tiggertastic said...

this card has just the right balance to it, perfect !
Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Sweet Pea Stampers ,Bearly Mine Designs , Kenny K and My Time To Craft