Thursday, 17 November 2011

Mmmmmm - Apple Pie


Hi All,
Happy Friday to ya!!  Today I want to showcase a new digital image from The Pixie Cottage called "My Oh My - Apple Pie" which you can find at Michelle's Scrapbooking and More.

Cute or what?

  It also fits in perfectly with the challenge over at Papertake Weekly which is "When is a Card Not a Card......"  

When it's a recipe card of course !!!

As this recipe is for good old apple pie, I decided to give the card a country feel by using kraft cardstock and fabric effect papers. Oh and not forgetting gingham hearts of course. I was really quite pleased with how it turned out :0)

Recipe for the Recipe Card!!!
Medium - Promarkers and Flexmarkers
Papers - Nitwits
Kraft Cardstock - Papermania
Gingham hearts - stash
Sentiment - computer generated
Lacy border - Martha Stewart punch

Well, that's my offering for today.  Have a great weekend and I'll see you next week some time. I'm off to Louise's later today and will spend the weekend Charity collecting for Macmillan in her local shopping centre.
Hugs
Denise xx

I am also entering this card into:
Scrap Affair - Recipe Cards
Anything Goes Challenge #54 - A Real Sweetie

22 comments:

Teresa said...

Wow Denise,
What a wonderful card - it looks really yummy! I love the contrast of the gingham hearts (they are delish) with the chocolate colours. Makes my mouth water! Beautiful colouring, scrummy card and recipe centre is fab. Hugs, Teresa x

Doreen said...

Love this card what a great image.xxx

Starla B. said...

This is so cute!! Fabulous coloring, and what a wonderful idea! Mmmm...apple pie....now I'm hungry. =D

xx Star

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Denise.

Hugs Riet.xx

Vicky said...

This is super Denise....!

hugs Vicky xx

Suzilou said...

He was one heck of a cutie and love the gingham hearts. Fab lay out and great idea :) xx

June Nelson said...

Wow gorgeous and I love those little puffed gingham hearts, the cards brilliant xxxxx

coops said...

stunning card denise.love the fun image and fantastic colouring and design :D

xx coops xx

Janna Werner said...

Oh lol, this is SUPER SWEET! You gotta love that cat :) And your card-gorgeous as always! Have a great day, Denise! Janna

Alina said...

oh, so pretty, Denise, lovely image!
hugs, Alina

Celeste said...

your card is sooo pretty.,

Elaine said...

Fabulous card...I really love the image, so cute!
I like the added recipe too..I always think it makes the card so much more.

Love Elaine xx

Jill said...

aww this is gorgeous and so beautifully made love your colouring and the cute image thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Faye said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm pie! Yum. I wanna be that kitty!! LOL. Another fabby card, pretty papers too. xxx

Marimer said...

Una maravilla de tarjeta, jovial y alegre, los detalles son supere creativos y la imagen me encanta como la has coloreado, preciosa.
Besitos, gracias por tu comentario.

Samantha said...

Fantastic! what a brilliant idea, LOVE everything about it and your image is so fun yet cute! love your colouring and those little gingham hearts are just perfect!

Thanks for joining us on the Anything goes challenge this week, hugs Samantha (Guest Designer) :0)

coldwaters2 said...

This is not only gorgeous but also fun and totally fabby, the design is perfection that image is terrific, love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Joanie said...

Fab recipe card! Love all the deatil.

Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes

Kathleen said...

That is one very happy kitty! Lol
Gorgeous card, I love the gingham hearts, combined with the kraft it just looks so fab!
Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes
Hugs
Kat xx
Ps
I have blog candy up for grabs
http://craftykatdesigns.blogspot.com

xxxtglxxx said...

I think this whole recipe card is totally fabulous!

Stunning detailing with the punches,dies and design, and great fun image too.

hugs
xxalisonxx

Shelly said...

Oh wow what a wonderful recipe card... I love the cat!!! Thanks for joining us at A Scrap Affair Challenge and good luck ;) Shelly x

Faith A said...

An amazing card AND gift, just perfect