Thursday, 17 November 2011

DDSC #83 - Red and Green


If you are looking for my DYSU post - please scroll down :0)


Our theme this week over at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges is perfect for this time of year - Red and Green. I'm sure we are all using these colours on at least some of our Christmas projects, so this should be an easy challenge for all of you :0)

I have used this very traditional  image called "Christmas Door" which is available in the Digi Doodle Shop here and made an easel card.



I added glossy accents to the hearts on the border, the window panels and baubles on the wreath but I'm afraid this does not show up all that well in the photos :0(    This image was a real joy to colour and would work just as well with non-traditional Christmas colours.

Recipe:
Medium - Promarkers and Flexmarkers
Papers - Part of a candy win
Swirl - Magnolia Doohickey
Greenery - Martha Stewart  Branch punch
Ribbon, cardstock and brads - stash
Sentiment - Craftwork Cards

I really hope you visit Digi Doodle Shop Challenges this week and play along with us. The rest of the DT have created some gorgeous projects - and please don't think yours has to be Christmas themed. Just so long as you have used red and green, we don't mind what you make!!!

Finally, before I go, I need to remind you that the November Special is still running -  All you have to do is spend $7.00 anywhere in the store and you'll get the FREE gift. You will need to add the gift to your cart though to get it!! On top of that, there is a 25% discount on all animal stamps. Doesn't get much better than that. So far, $54 has been raised for Pet Pardons but I'm sure you can help up that amount.

So, that is all from me for today.
Thanks once again for looking.
Hugs
Denise xx

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Digital Tuesday #137 - Christmas Time
Hooked on Craft - Something Punched
Incy Wincy #120 - Tic Tac Toe (red, any Christmas sentiment, ribbon)
Totally Gorjuss #106 - Christmas Traditions
Paper Sundaes #95 - Digital Images












27 comments:

Judy said...

Gosh Denise, this is so so so pretty! I love the crispness of the card. Very nicely done my friend.

xx

Starla B. said...

This is just gorgeous!! You did an incredible job coloring the image, and those pine brances for the holly is just fabulous!! Very elegant and beautiful card.

xx Star

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love all the details.xxx

Tammy said...

Wonderful card for the holidays! Love how you've embellished it.

KraftyKoolKat said...

Wow!! Denise this is awesome. I love your colouring and layout sweetie.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

lalkygirl said...

fantastic card ,i love it ,great colouring and lovely papers
tracey x

xxxtglxxx said...

This looks fabulous Denise! :) I love all the splashes of red and green, so traditional and stunning too.

Love the berries and gorgeous bow too!

hugs

xxalisonxx

Teresa said...

Hi Denise, I love Christmas cards with Christmas doors on them! This is beautiful and simply ooozes Christmas! Love your embellies and details as always, Hugs, Teresa x

bettand said...

Yuhuuu. I just have to tell you that this twisted easel card is one of the most beautiful ones I've seen in ages;) Love the details with the branches, swirls and that beautiful bow. Well done. Hugs Bettina

Wishcraft said...

Fabulous! Love the image and all your gorgeous details :o) Lisa x

Jackie Thomas said...

Oh wow! What a truly "stunning" card. Thank you for sharing and joining us at Hooked on craft challenges.
Hugs Jackie

Linda said...

Stunning is right. the twisted easel is the perfect stage for this card. It deserves to be put on a shelf. Those swirly dohickeys and the branches surrounding the image totally rock! Hugs, Linda

June Nelson said...

How gorgeous is this!! I love thetraditionals, its gorgeous makes me feel all christmassy xxxxxxx

debby4000 said...

Wonderful beautiful card. love all the details.
luv
debby

coops said...

so stunning denise.i love the image and your traditional colours are gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is just perfect x

Karen said...

Just gorgeous Denise, love you garlands too!
xx

bettand said...

I have already commented on this card, but on behalf of my dt duties at Totally Gorjuss I have to say again that this card is superb and I love all the details.. (but you already know that). Good luck in the challenge and hope to see you back tomorrow for a new one. Hugs Bettina

Liva said...

Absolutely amazing! I love how you've used those brads as berries.
Hugs,
Liva ❤

Lisa M. (aka Lisabee) said...

What a stunning card! Perfect for an easel design! Thanks so much for Getting’ Digi with It this week at Paper Sundaes! Good luck!

♥ Lisa M.
My Craftin’ Blog

ahlers5 said...

Denise, I am in awe of this card. Absolutely gorgeous!
Diane

Julie said...

So pretty and elegant! Wish my front door looked that good
Hugs,
Julie

Faye said...

Oooh this is one of those fancy twisted easel cards. Posh like and very elegant. xxx

craftybunny said...

Gorgeous card.Great design and beautifully shaded image.
Lisa x

WeirdCat said...

Fab card, love all the added swirls,
Ruth x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Denise this is absolutely beautiful, what a superb design this is one ACE card, that image and design look truly wonderful.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Faith A said...

Another Stunner Denise, beautiful