Wednesday, 2 November 2011

Candy Cane Christmas


Hi All,
Today I want to share with you my very FIRST DT card for The Pixie Cottage where, as always there are 2 parts to the challenge and you can choose either or both to play along with. There is this fabulous sketch from the lovely Katie and the theme is to make a Christmas Card - easy peasy!!

The randomly picked winner will win two stamps of their choice from the Pixie Cottage Collection. The winner will be announced on the Friday after the challenge ends.

So, for my first offering, I chose this fun digi image called "Home Sweet Home" which is available over at Michelle's Scrapbooking and More. I went with very non-traditional colours (light and dark pinks and mint green) as I wanted my papers to match the candy on the image. The little sweet embellishments were printed on the computer and triple embossed before being stuck onto green snowflakes!! These were white but I coloured them with a Promarker.

I added glossy accents to the sweets on the roof and the windows. Then glittered the icing on the roof, the snow and the wreath.. 

And of course, I decorated the inside to match.

So that was my first card for The Pixie Cottage Challenge - I hope you like. I shall be posting about twice a month, so keep a look out for my next creation, although there is a new challenge every Wednesday. I hope you will pop on over to The Pixie Cottage blog and join in with this great challenge.

Recipe:
Medium - Promarkers and Flexmarkers
Papers - Digis from Nitwits and Pink Petticoat
Sentiment - Craftwork Cards
Ribbon - stash

Thanks so much for looking and for all the lovely comments you leave here on my blog - I really do love reading them.
Hugs
Denise xx

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Deep Ocean #11 - "Sweet"
Ladybug Crafts Ink #44 - Non-traditional or distressed Christmas
The Craft Garden November Challenge - Christmas but no green or red
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes




24 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, Loving your creation today the colours are spot on, hugs pops x

Suzilou said...

Aww Denise this is really pretty and love your sweet embellishments, yummy :) xx

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

What a sweet card Denise!! Love your color choices, the DP, the snow glitter, the yummy candy cane swirls, gosh I guess I love everything about your card. It is very pretty!! Glad to be on the Pixie Cottage team with you. xxx Steph

sandiblu said...

Your first card for the DT is amazing Denise, they should be proud to have you as a member !!

I could live here, it's so scrummy !!! and in those colours, so right for a Christmas card !!

"Stay as sweet as you are"

Hugs, Sandra xx

Sandra said...

Such a 'sweet' card. Just adorable.
Hugs
Sandra x

Kerry said...

This is gorgeous Denise...love all the sparkle. I see you've used my favourite MS punch! Thanks for joining in the fun at LCI this week x

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Denise....Love the colours and the image is so sweet,great detail....
Mandy x

Riet said...

So gorgeous card,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

pinky said...

What a sweet card inside and out! Thanks for joining us at LCI this week.
Pinky

coops said...

gorgeous card denise.your colours and design are fab and i love the sweet image ;D

xx coops xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card,Thanks for joining in with us at the Craft Garden this month.
Kevin xx

Sue U said...

Gorgeous card, great image too :-D Thanks for joining in with our Non Traditional/Distressed Christmas Challenge at Ladybug Crafts Ink, Sue xx

uksharon said...

Definity good enough to eat - luckily I'm not one of the famous pair.
Yumming card.
Best wishes, Sharon (new Dt Member)

xxxtglxxx said...

Wow! This looks fabulous Denise! :)

Amazing details and gorgeous colours on this.

hugs

xxalisonxx

Shanna Shands said...

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi. Your card is so cute reminds me I need to get a gingerbread house to put together with my daughter. I love non tradtional colors for Christmas, but I don't know how to break out of my shell! Looking forward to working with ya!

June Nelson said...

Morning darl this is gorgeous and I love the way you have decorated the inside too , its lovely xxxx

debby4000 said...

Adorable, gorgeous yummy card.
luv
Debby

Jenny said...

A lovely card. Really like the image and embellishments.
Thanks for joining Papertake Weekly.
Jenny

coldwaters2 said...

This is absolutely delicious, the image and that candy look terrific
Hugs
Lorraine x

Mary Lou said...

Wow this is SWEET!!! Sparkly, fun and such a cute non-traditional gingerbread house :) Great idea for making your own embellishments~~That is sooooo wonderful!!!! I may have to try that some day:)
Glad to be on the DT with you:)
Hugz

buglvr2010 said...

This is such a sweet card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

kyanos said...

great card.... love the unconventional colors and love the peppermint swirls you used as embellishments!!!beautiful!!!thanks for playing with us at DOC!!! hugs

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

Great card! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

Mandy said...

what a lovely card, it really sets the scene of a christmassy winter, thanks for joining in at the cupcake craftroom this month x