Sunday, 30 October 2011

Good Luck Louise!!


In just under an hour's time, Louise will be flying out of Heathrow on her second marathon trek to raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support. She is off to Jordan to "trek across the traditional Bedouin trails, experiencing spectacular desert landscapes, towering sandstone canyons, and breathtaking views across the Wadi Araba Mountains.
After six days exploring the unspoiled wilderness and archaeological treasures of Jordan, she will  arrive at the spectacular ‘lost city’ of Petra, hewn from the rocks over 2000 years ago. This fascinating trek promises to be a physically challenging and hugely rewarding experience. Not only will it provide unforgettable memories and a great bunch of new friends, it will make a huge difference to the lives of people affected by cancer.".
This is the description of her journey, as taken from the Macmillan website!! I'm not so sure she will find it quite as enjoyable as described what with the sand, heat and endless walking - lol.  However, I am very proud of her (once again) for doing this and like the soppy Mum that I am, miss her already!! 
On a sadder note, it was Jazz who suggested Louise signs up for this one, which she did, little knowing that she would be doing it in memory of her.  I just want to say good luck Louise - you are an amazing lady and I am so proud to call you Daughter. See you in ten days time.
The "Lost City of Petra"
Hugs
Denise xx

13 comments:

Chris said...

WOW, I wish her an amazing time and for such a wonderful cause too! Hugs, Chris x

Teresa said...

Hi Denise,
It is a wonderful thing that Louise is doign and I know she will continue to make you proud - I wish her loads of luck, Hugs, Teresa x

Deb said...

wow, incredible thing to do to honour her friend. Good luck Louise!
Debxx

Vicky said...

Wishing Louise loads of luck....and I bet you are one very proud Mummy at the mo....

big hugs Vicky xx

Wishcraft said...

Good luck Louise :o) You must be so proud of her Denise! Lisa x

June Nelson said...

Wow bless her I hpe she is successful in this marathon, its so hard in all the heat etc, im sure she will be thinking of that poor lady, well done girl go for it xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mandy said...

Hi Denise,
Good luck to Louise,what a fabulous thing to be doing for such a worthwhile cause,it's sad that her friend won't know she is doing it,but I bet she will be there in spirit and in your wonderful Daughter's heart...
Mandy x

Dee's Craft Room said...

Hi Denise

I am writing to thank you for the lovely comments of welcome you left on Ray's blog this morning. He is away at the moment and I am supposed to be keeping an eye on things. I was horrified to discover that the automatic posting I had set up for this morning had not worked and the DT piece had not gone 'live'. (I have done it manually now.)

I was very interested to read about your work for the people who made the cross stitch designs, as will Ray be. He really enjoys making the Winnie the Pooh designs and has done quite a lot over the years, they have always been firm favourites with the children in the family as well.

I wish Louise every success with her trek, she is doing a grand job for a very worthy cause and it is the experience of a lifetime.

Best wishes to you both.

Dionne x

Jules said...

Hi Denise

Wow .. what an amazing thing to do!

No wonder you are a proud Mum .. .. your daughter sounds amazing. I wish Louise lots of good luck.

Brilliant photographs too.

I have a feeling you are going to have a few very long days ahead of you whilst she is away.

Love Jules xx

Pop's Cards said...

Good luck and well done x x x

Mary J said...

Good luck Louise!

Mina said...

wow what an amazing thing to do and little wonder your so proud of Louise and so you should be Denise
Mina xxx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

OM Word Denise - what an amazing journey, and how quickly it has come around - seems like only yesterday that I first read about Louise's Charity hike. I wish her all the best - she is one in a million.
Hugs, Sylvia xxx