Thursday, 13 October 2011

DYSU #41 - Use Your Scraps


It's Thursday, which means another great challenge over at Do You Stack Up? We want you to use your scraps which I am sure you all have boxes or drawers full of.  I know I have!!


Our sponsors this week are:
A Day for Daisies - $16 Gift Certificate

 Pink Cat Studio - Winner's choice of 5 digis

Just Some Lines - $15 Gift Certificate for digis



For my card this week, I am using an image of my own choice which was a freebie from Beccy's Place. Make sure you hop over to her blog, she has some great images and they are all free!! As soon as I saw the theme for this week's challenge, I knew this image would be perfect.  

I have paper pieced the little horse, shaded and highlighted with a Promarker, cut fancy borders with a Martha Stewart punch and faux stitched. To finish, I added a small button brad for the eye, some ribbon, a small bow and a stamped message. Perfect for a new baby or even baby's first birthday.

Ok - now it's time to pop over to the DYSU Challenge blog, take a look at the rest of the team's gorgeous creations and join in the fun. There are some great prizes up for grabs, top three places (with more prizes) and Guest Designer spot  - so hurry on over there!!

Hugs
Denise xx

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Tuesday Throwdown #70 - Think Pink
Card Cupids - Use a decorative punch
Crafty Boots - Zoo or animal theme





14 comments:

Naomi said...

This is SO cute! LOVE that little horsey and how you paper-pieced it and gave it a button eye...the PERFECT baby girl card!

Faye said...

Oh look! I love all your scraps, I wish mine went togther that well. The image is adorable and is so cute with the paper piecing and little button. Perfickt. xxx

WencheP said...

This is so cute. I just love the image and the punches! Fabulous card.

Hugs,
Wenche

Miranda said...

hi Denise, this is such an adorable card, love the paperpiecing and the colours and all the scallops and....I just love everything about it
hugs
Miranda

coops said...

stunning card denise.i love your gorgeous colours and the patchwork horse is adorable ;D

xx coops xx

Debs M said...

great card, love the patchwork horse x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word this is totally Fabulous, what gorgeous colours and design I am so loving that wonderful image, super.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Davi said...

Love that darling card!! The little patchwork horse and pretty dps are the best:) So glad you shared with us at TT this week :)

princesskitten said...

He is magic - I have used him for baby cards - soo cute

Marcy said...

Gorgeous, Denise. What an adorable card. You are right...perfect for a new baby!

*Alison* said...

you are so amazing! this is wonderful.. LOVE the colors and you totally made that image pop :) hugs

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! This is really adorable!! I just love all of the cute patch work design and the pink colors! Thanks so much for joining with us at the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge this week!! Hope you will join us again! *Vicki* - Oct GDT

Yolanda said...

That is sew, sew cute!! Thanks for playing in the Tuesday Throwdown this week.

Ren-Yi said...

Super cute lil patchwork horse. Wouldn't any baby love to have this lil sweet card?!