Thursday, 13 October 2011

DDSC #78 - Lavender and Lace


Back again, this time with my card for the new challenge over at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges which this week is Lavender and Lace.  Gorgeous!!


This sweet image is simply called "Sleeping Kitten" and you can find it here in the shop. I have used some old lace from my Mum's sewing box which I gathered and stuck to the back of the image. Another straight piece was used for the base of the card. Some lovely organza ribbon, a double bow and finally a message completes the card. Simple but very pretty :0)

Close up of the image

Recipe:
Medium - Promarkers and Flexmarkers
Cardstock and ribbon - stash
Lace - Mum's sewing box
Sentiment - Create with TLC freebie

The rest of my amazing team mates have made some gorgeous creations for your inspiration so I do hope you will come join in this great challenge - I can't wait to see what you create.....and don't forget the brilliant sale goes on throughout October. Full details in my sidebar.

Once again, thanks for looking and for all your lovely comments.
Hugs
Denise xx

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Craft Your Passion #79 - A card for all occasions
Crafty Boots - Zoo or animal theme



32 comments:

Debs M said...

lovely card, the lace looks great x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the design of this.xxx

Linda said...

This is one pampered cat! She needs a butler standing next to her. Ha Ha. So Kitty Posh!

bettand said...

This is a beautiful easel card. Love that you've used a round diecut for the image with a scalloped to give a neat finish. Those laces you've used are heaven on earth and gives this a completely gorgeous look. Bettina xx

Judy said...

Beautifully done! I love it!
xx

Starla B. said...

Oh, this is just beautiful!! I love the lace behind the image.

xx Star

Riet said...

Wnat a beautiful card Denise.

Hugs Riet.xx

bettand said...

I know I commented on this earlier,but seems to be some kind of trouble with the comments staying on your blog. Brilliant easel design and love that circle shape;) Beautiful. Bettina xx

Vicky said...

It's gorgeous Denise...

big hugs Vicky xx

Suzilou said...

Such a cute card, love the image and really like the gathered lace, will have to remember that looks very pretty :)

Annemaritta said...

Hi Denise (Oh dear, how I love the name of your blog! Makes me giggle every time.)

Your cat is like award, like a big rosette with a stand. This is gorgeous. I almost can hear car purring ;) Great job with colours and that double bow of your is <3

June Nelson said...

This is beautiful so subtle and love the little cat stamp xxxx

debby4000 said...

Oh thsi is gorgeous, love how you've used the lace.
luv
Debby

coops said...

gorgeous card denise.your lilac colours and lace are beautiful and i love the fab image ;D

xx coops xx

Linby said...

Thank you so much for the lovely comment you left on my blog re the zentangled card.
I have now found through you a new challenge in DYSU - so thanks for that.
Love this card, lavender is my fav colour.
Lynn x

Dee's Craft Room said...

Such a pretty card, I love the colours you have used.

Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Boots Challenge.

Dionne

Stampalicious said...

beautiful card Denise, I love how you coloured the image and all the colours on the card are so soooft, love it, hugs, martina

Teresa said...

Hi Denise,
Ooh! I love lavender and what a fab, fab image, whoever drew it has a cat as they know exactly how they lay! I do love how you have coloured this. Great idea with the circle and the easel card together and delish embellies! Hugs, Teresa x

Janna Werner said...

wow, so elegant!

ahlers5 said...

Beautiful, feminine card. Love everything about it.
Diane

Pop's Cards said...

This is gorgeous sweetie so sweet hugs pops x

Mandy said...

This is beautiful,love the design and the image is so sweet...A gorgeous card...Have a lovely weekend...
mandy x

Jules said...

A brilliant shaped card Denise .. .. and I love the lace you have added very much.

Gorgeous colour combo too.

Have a great weekend.

Love Jules xx

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card Denise. Fab design and the lace looks so pretty :o) Lisa x

Janet said...

Beautiful card and a lovely image :) x

coldwaters2 said...

Wow this is stunning the design and your choice of image is so beautiful.
Hugs
Lorraine x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Just Pur--fect.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Julie said...

So lovely in lavendar. Beautiful card
Hugs,
julie

Liva said...

That kitty sure does feel so comfortable on a beautiful card like this :)
Take care,
Liva ❤

Kim Piggott said...

Wow!
This is so very gorgeous!
Such a fabulous creation!
hugs
kim x

Faye said...

I don't use lilac and purple enough. This is a pretty little easel card. Very soft and feminine. xxx

craftybunny said...

This is just gorgeous.Love the lace behind the image.
Lisa x