Saturday, 24 September 2011

Sweet Pea - Love is Gone


A happy Saturday to you all!!

Today I have been playing with a gorgeous Sweet Pea stamp by Ching Chou Kuik called "Love is Gone" that I got for my birthday (one of three!!).  I love these images and have been wanting to ink one up for ages and have finally found the time :0)

As there seem to be so many Autumn/Fall challenges out there at the moment, I thought I would use Autumnal colours for my card. I have distressed the edges of all the papers and glittered her wings and bangle to tie in with the lovely peachy coloured glittery DP I used for the half circle. Unfortunately, this does not show up too well in the photo :0( 

 This is a close-up of the gorgeous image. The white dotted background has been inspired by Coops (thanks Coops I love this effect).

And here is the inside.

Recipe:
Medium - Promarkers and white gel pen
Papers - various from my stash
Ribbon, flowers & charm - from my stash
Stamp - Crafts and Me
Ink for distressing - Memento "Rich Cocoa"
Fancy border - Doohickey die

Thanks for looking and before I go, I would like to say a big hello and thank you to my new followers.
Hugs
Denise xx

I will be entering this card into the following challenges:

Crafts & Me #53 - Stripes (doohickey border)
Play Date Cafe #100 - Colour challenge
Crafty Purple Frog - Fall into Fall
Sweet Stampin - Anything Goes
Crafty Ribbons #2 - Anything Goes
Hanna and Friends - Anything Goes
Little Miss Muffett #18 - Things with wings
Sweet Pea Stampers - Fall colours


25 comments:

Teresa said...

Hi Denise,
Wow, What a stunner! I love sweatpea stamps too and you have coloured her so beautifully in those wonderful warm tones. I love the distressing and the way you've decorated the inside too, just fab! Have a great weekend, Hugs, Teresa x

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Denise, this is gorgeous. I am glad you've inked the stamp up. There is only one problem with these stamps they are VERY addictive!!! You could also enter it into the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge as well at:

http://sweetpeastampschallenge.blogspot.com/2011/09/fall-colors.html

We'd love to see you there. Best wishes, Kym xxx

angelwhispers said...

I have to agree with Kym they are sooo addictive and the same with the Purple Frog Images you just can't get enough!!!

Good luck with the challenge the card is just perfect and loving your colouring! Chanelle xxx

Deb said...

stunning card Denise, such a beautiful image, love how you coloured her and the background too!
have a great weekend!
happy crafting, Debxx

JustYolie said...

Your card is absolutely stunning!!

Faye said...

What A.Mazing colouring. Gorgeous card. xxx

Vicky said...

Just so gorgeous Denise...love the image and your colouring is stunning hun...and thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin too...!

have a lovely evening...hugs Vicky xx

Fiona said...

wow...this is stunning, fab colour combo too!!

Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

fi
x

Wedgie said...

Pretty card, thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week. Wedgie xxx

coops said...

fabulous card denise.the image is so beautiful and i love the stunning autumnal colours and design :D
the white gel dotty background looks fantastic, really makes the image pop :D

xx coops xx

Teresa said...

Geogous card with lovely colours
Thank you for joining us at crafts and me this week,
Teresa x

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

just gorgeous!
thank you for joinin us at SPS!!!

Suzilou said...

This image is gorgeous Denise, think a few of these might make there way onto my Christmas list :)
Fantastic colouring and love the papers. Really liking how you are decorating the inside of your cards, finishes them off perfectly :) xx

Tessa en Anke said...

beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at crafty ribbons.
hugs Tessa & Anke

Love crafts forever said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for playing at SPS.
Hugs Nataliya

kuya said...

This is soooo pretty! Gorgeous colors and I love the image you chose.

Thanks for joining us at Hanna & Friends this week!

Hugs,
Heike

Stacy said...

Fabulous card Denise, thanks for playing with us at PDCC!

Debbie said...

Absolutely stunning. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Pea Stampers xx

Bronwen said...

Absolutely gorgeous - the fairy image is stunning and I also really like the inside of your card!

Rosa Witten said...

Beautiful! Love the vintage feel of the card. Glad you got some Sweet Peas to play along, watch out they are addictive. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Pea Stampers.

Mary J said...

OH wow, she is just stunning Denise!!

Mina said...

wow what a stunner Denise...beautiful mix of patterns too...thanks for joining in with the Crafts and Me challenge this week
Mina xxx

Michele Gross said...

Really beautiful! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe!

cebelica said...

This is very beautiful! I love the image and the papers you used. Great design too. Thanks for playing with us at Crafty ribbons. Hugs!

Vixykins said...

Gorgeous Denise and so beautifully made. Thank You for playing my stripes challenge at Crafts & Me x