Thursday, 29 September 2011

DYSU #39 - Swirls


We have another great challenge for you this week over at Do You Stack Up?  but before I get onto that. I need to introduce two of our new DT Members - Mary Jo Eason and Jan Garber. Hi ladies and welcome aboard !!  Now onto the challenge which is SWIRLS - we want to see your swirly stamps, chipboards, images or even designer papers. Anyhting so long as it is swirly!!

Yum yum yum!

Our sponsors this week are:

 Dearie Dolls Digi StampsDearie Digi Paper Doll and Four Outfit Pages for Different Holidays and Everyday

Stitchy Bear Digital Stamps $10 Gift Voucher for Stitchy Stamps, Panda Bear Designs, and/or Kelley’s Kids 

Crafty Individuals - giving this amazing craft package


For my project this week, I was sent a gorgeous Crafty Individuals stamp and some chipboard frames and as I already had some Crafty Individual tags in my stash. I decided to use one and create an altered tag. The frame, corner piece and swirl have been triple embossed and the Scrabble letters, coloured with alcohol inks. The swirl inside the frame has been coated with Glossy Accents. I stamped the image, swirls and words before distressing the tag and then sprayed the whole thing with Glimmer Mist.



Close-ups of detail


I had great fun making this :0)

Recipe:
Medium - Distress Inks - Peeled Paint and Victorian Velvet and Memento Rich Cocoa
Other embellishments all from stash - heart charm
                                                        scrabble tiles
                                                        brads
                                                        ribbons/fibres
                                                        chipboard corner
                                                        Doohickey swirl die
                                                        green craft wire
Glimmer Mist - Iridescent Gold
Embossing powders - Moon Glow: DesertMoon/Copper Pine
                                                      Midnight Bronze/Obsidian
                                                      Terracotta/Rust

Thank you so much for taking the time to have a look .I do hope you will pop over to DYSU and be inspired by the rest of the teams creations to join us for this fun challenge. Perhaps, while you are there, you could welcome our new girls by leaving them some love on their blogs.
Happy Craftng
Hugs
Denise xx

I am entering this into the following:
Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge #63 - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesdays #35 - Anything Goes
Creative Stamp Friends #34 - Anything goes but not a card
Pollycraft Monday #112 - Tags and/or Bookmarks
Play Date Cafe #101 - Colour Challenge







33 comments:

Suzilou said...

This is lovely Denise, been meaning to have a go at something like this myslef. Can see why you enjoyed making it. Really fab :) xx

WencheP said...

This is fabulous. I love it. I really like the vintage look.

Hugs,
Wenche

Miranda said...

I love everything about this tag, it totally super awesome Denise
hugs
Miranda

Starla B. said...

Oh my gosh, this is just amazing!! I love all of the colors and all the detail...makes me wish I still read paper books!

I really look forward to working with you and getting to know you over at DDSB! =D

xx Star

coops said...

stunning tag denise.the vintage colours and design are beautiful and i love the pretty details :D

xx coops xx

Liva said...

What a wonderful take on swirls - I think I should need to try that as well. I'm looking forward to me working with you and all other talented ladies in DDSB challenges

sandiblu said...

gorgeous tag Denise - something I keep saying I will tackle but never got round to it - think I may try this out as soon as I can get back to the craft room !!!!

Hugs, Sandra xx

p.s. thanks for your lovely messages !!

Deb said...

oh wow this is just amazing, so love those stamps and the whole vintage look and all those stunning details!
have a great day, happy crafting, Debxx

Pop's Cards said...

HI sweetie this is stunning, love your choice of colours too,♥ pops x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous tag Denise ,,, very arty and fantastic ! I love the colours and the little scrabble pieces ,, everything really ,,, the fab charm ,, oohh :-) absolutely stunning !!

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

bettand said...

OMG this is incredibly beautiful. Love the colour combination and design;)I am looking forward to be working with you and the other talented ladies over at DDSC;) Hugs Bettina

Bronwen said...

This is stunning Denise. I love the vintage feel of your tag. I do so love Crafty Individuals products - they are lovely, unique goodies to use for crafting projects.

Faye said...

Wow, this is a little different from you, but I really like it. Very chic! :) xxx

Anita said...

Very beautiful tag and I love those gorgeous swirls. Thanks for joining us in the Pollycraft Challenge this week.

Janet said...

Wow this is just gorgeous.....wish I could creae something like this!x

Jenny said...

A gorgeous tag. Beautiful colours and embellishments.
Thanks for joining EAC.
Jenny

coldwaters2 said...

Awesome tag, wow, the detail is amazing, this is a true work of art and so beautiful.
hugs
Lorraine x

xxxtglxxx said...

Hi Denise :)

Wow! I love this, its so different and artistic. Gorgeous details!

hugs

xxalisonxx

nessy said...

wow!! what an amazing tag ~so beautifully made ~love it!!
thanks for joining us on CREATIVE STAMP FRIENDS!
vanessa xx

Teresa said...

OMW Denise! I Love your tag! What a fabulous technique, which is Sooo effective. Love teh way you did that triple embossing and the swirl is just so perfectly placed. Stunning! Have a fab Saturday, Teresa x

Patricia Garcia said...

Beautiful swirls, love it!!!

Hugs,
Patricia

Marcy said...

Denise, this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!

Cazza said...

Oh wow, this is stunning!
Thanks for playing along in our Tags and Bookmark challenge this week over at Pollycraft :o)
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx

Jules said...

Wow Denise!!

How clever and creative to be able to combine so many gorgeous elements onto a tag!!

An art in itself.

It is all truly beautiful.

Love Jules xx

Mandy said...

This is beautiful,I love it...Fabulous colours...
Mandy x

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is awesome! Thanks for sharing!
Hey, Pixie Dust Paperie is celebrating ONE with a giveaway and lots of specials, please come join in the fun!
http://www.pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/

Julie Day said...

Gorgeous tag! So many great techniques used and beautiful elements :) Thanks for playing this week at the Play Date Cafe!

Ren-Yi said...

I absolutely love the gorgeous details that you used! the charms the scrabble pieces - absolutely lovely...!

JOAN said...

Super cute!! I really love the romantic and vintage feeling. Thanks for sharing ;)

Wishcraft said...

Oh wow Denise, this is just so beautiful! So many gorgeous details and love the colours... love everything about it :o) Lisa x

Jaclyn Miller said...

This is a really neat compilation of different elements. I love how you've combined all of the colors. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe this week.

Chris said...

Fantastic tag Denise, I love your stamping, colours and how you used that gorgeous frame. Chris x

Julies Crafty Creations said...

This is stunning Denise, great project. Thanks for joining in with our anything goes challenge over at Pennys Challenges and good luck Julie DT