Thursday, 11 August 2011

DYSU Challenge # 32 - Emboss It


Hello All,
It's time again for another challenge over at Do You Stack Up and this week we want to see some embossing on your creations. This can be wet or dry - your choice.


Our Sponsors this week are:

Digis With Attitude - $10 Canadian Funds Gift Certificate 

Sassy Studios - Winners Choice of 4 Images




Photobucket

Crop Stop - $15 Gift Certificate




Here is my card for this week using this fun image from Digis With Attitude called "Disco Tween". Her wide trousers and platform boots reminded me of the 70's - no, I didn't dress like this - would have broken my neck on those boots but did have some wide pink trousers - lol - so I went for a retro backing paper and bright funky colour combo with lots of glitter. Check out the glittery trousers!!




The rest of the DYSU DT have made some gorgeous creations once again to inspire you so don't forget to pop over and take a look. Can't wait to see all your lovely creations and here's wishing those that enter good luck in the challenge.

Recipe:
Colouring medium - Promarkers
Paper - found at the bottom of my stash - no name!!
Cardstock - stash
Embossing folder - Sun Rays from Craft Concepts
Ribbon and gems - stash
Sentiment - computer generated
Glitter - Crystal Ice

I'll be back later with my card for Digi Doodle Shop Challenges.
Big Hugs
Denise xx
 
I am entering this into:
Passion for Promarkers #112 - Divas with glam & glitter
Sweet Stamps #27 - Bling it up

13 comments:

Faye said...

Very Abba. And I love Abba! :)
xxx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Denise.

Hugs Riet.xx

WencheP said...

The image is so cool and I love the colors you have used! Fabulous card!

Hugs,
Wenche

*Alison* said...

Sooo cool... :) i love that you brought the orange into her hair.. :) Way to ROCK OUT the embossing challenge...
HUGS

Marcy said...

Great card, Denise! Wonderful coloring.

Miranda said...

fabulous card Denise, you really turned her into a seventies glam glittergirl
hugs
miranda

Suzilou said...

Ooooo love the colours in this card and what a fab image, very funky :) xx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Denise, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your colouring is perfect. I'm loving all the glitter! Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Ren-Yi said...

What a fun disco chick. love how you created that fun orange slice and added some bedazzling glitter :) perfect for any dancing queen!

JOAN said...

Super cute!! I love the touch of orange. And the embossing is amazing. Besitos, Joan

princesskitten said...

That's wicked - love it

Tracy said...

Really cute card Denise. Thanks for joining us this week at PfP, good luck.
Hugs Tracy x

polkacabana said...

Very sweet card! Thanks for playing along on Sweet Stamps blog! I hope you get a chance to use our fabulous stamps! Good luck on the contest!