Thursday, 18 August 2011

DDSC # 72 - Recipe


Hello Again!
Back with my second post - this time with my DT card for this week's challenge over at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges where we have a fun recipe for you to use - 1 Ribbon, 2 DPs and 3 Buttons. How simple is that.


For my card I have used this image of a sewing basket which suited the recipe perfectly. You can find this lovely image here in the shop. I wrapped some embroidery thread around one of the labels for effect and stitched one of the buttons to a piece of ribbon with the same thread to form a sort of bow. There are only 2 DPs on the card - one is a patchwork image.

Close-up of image

Close-up of buttons as they are a bit dark in the main picture!

The inside using the same patchwork image as on the front!!

The rest of the DT girlies have made some fab creations to inspire you and we all hope you will come join in the fun. Once again, let me remind you that if you use a Digi Doodle Shop image, you get a second entry into the challenge and there is still a great promotion running in the shop - see sidebar for details.  Oh and there is a DT call going out over on the blog too so you definitely need to pop over there :0)

Recipe:
Colouring medium - Promarkers
DPs - From the Affection collection @ Nitwits
Tickets and labels - freebie (sorry can't remember where from)
Ribbon and thread- stash
Buttons - my Mum's button box 

Happy Crafting
Hugs
Denise xx

I am entering this card into:
Fab 'n' Funky Challenge #86 - A Stitch in Time
The Paper Variety Challenge #47 - Threads
Crafty Sentiments Designs - No Sentiment
DDH - Recipe 1 ribbon, 2 DP's. 3 buttons
Papertake Weekly - Bingo (buttons, ribbon, free)

30 comments:

dj1952 said...

Denise, this is just gorgeous. I love the pink colors. The basket is very realistic as is the rest of it. I the color choices, too. Hugs, dj

craftybunny said...

So pretty.Really lovely colouring and perfect embellishments.
Lisa x

ahlers5 said...

This is such a great card. I love all the elements you added. The inside is absolutely perfect. I'm sp lazy when it comes to the insides.
Diane

KraftyKoolKat said...

Very pretty image and layout Denise. Love the little extra embellies.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Teresa said...

Hi Denise,
Love this image and it makes such a change to see an image like this and it's very inspirational! Love the colouring too and the fact you decorated inside - Fab! Hugs, Teresa x

Inger said...

What a gorgeous card!!!
Love the pretty color combo and your coloring is beautiful!

♥ Hugs, Inger

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A super card Denise - fab. sewing theme and I love all the little details you've added. Those Nitwit papers are gorgeous.
Hope you and Louise are having some sunshine where you are.
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

xxxtglxxx said...

so many lovely and pretty details on this card Denise :)

Gorgeous colouring, and that black ribbon gives it real drama and impact :) Beautiful.

hugs

xxalisonxx

Jules said...

Hi Denise

I love everything and anything sewing related .. .. so this is right up my street.

Love what you have done here and your layout and papers are gorgeous too.

Love Jules xx

Karen said...

Lovely Denise, this reminds me so much of seeing my mam with her sewing basket, when I was young.
xx

Judy said...

Fantastic card hun. Beautifully put together!
xx

Wishcraft said...

Fab card Denise. Gorgeous papers and love all your perfect details :o) Lisa x

JACKIE M said...

Beautiful card, thanks for the lovely blog comment.

Jackie :)

Faith A said...

I've negelected commenting on your blog for too long haven't I?

Well here I am and I cannot say enough about your cards, they are stunning, beautiful, original,fun, colourful, wonderful, fantastic layouts, great buttons, fab bling.
mmmmm is there anything else I missed?

I shall try and keep up in future.
hugs
xx

Donna said...

Fabulous card hun, love it, you really have put this together wonderfully. hugs Donna x

Marcy said...

WOWZER, Denise...this is spectacular! I love everything about it!

Karen said...

A very pretty card hun and your colouring (as always) is so lovely.xx

Shirl said...

Super duper card Denise absolutely gorgeous. The embellies you have added work perfectly.

Hugs Shirley x x x

Kim Piggott said...

Oh what a totally gorgeous creation!
hugs
kim x

Debs M said...

this is wonderful, love the effect of the thread and buttons, great card x

Jackie said...

This is too cute, glad you could play along with TPV!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card,love the images and all your detail...
Mandy x

Bronwen said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the old fashioned cards that the thread is wrapped around :)

Linda said...

Oh my gosh this is so fantastic. I love the details colors and DP. WOW!

Hannah Clark said...

I just love it! The colours are fabulous and the inside is just as pretty as the outside! Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at DDH!

Julie said...

Beautiful card. Looks very vintage. I love the embroidery floss.
Hugs,
Julie

Hannah said...

Great card Denise, love the stitching theme, great colouring and I love the addition of the thread spool :) Wow, the inside to that card is stunning too :)Thanks for playing along at TPV this week :)

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous, love the image and the wonderful patterned papers.

Faye said...

Oh wow, would you look at the fab detail on this gorgeous card! xxx

WeirdCat said...

For me this is one of the best cards you have ever made, I love every little element,
Ruth x