Thursday, 21 July 2011

Digi Doodle Shop Challenges #68 – CAS


I'm back!!!!!  This time with my card for Digi Doodle Shop Challenges where this week we want to see Clean and Simple. That means nothing fussy or over the top - just a clean. simple design with a fair amount of white space on your card.  I know.........this sounds scary - but believe me when I tell you it is not as bad as you are imagining. Just resist the temptation to add just one more flower or perhaps a little bit more ribbon :0)

For my card, I have used this lovely Ballerina image, simply coloured her with Promarkers and matted her onto three different shades of turquoise card stock.  The sentiment was printed directly onto the card from my computer. This was the trickiest part of making the card as I had to make sure I had it positioned correctly so there was enough room for the image.  

And there you have it - a CAS card which I hope you all like!!  The rest of the wonderful Design Team have made some gorgeous cards to inspire you this week and I hope you will join us for some clean and simple fun !!!!

Once again, thanks for looking.
Hugs
Denise xx

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Craft Your Passion #67 - Text It
Daisy Doodles #38 - Anything Goes

18 comments:

dj1952 said...

Denise, this is so beautiful. I love your coloring and the blue around the image. I always forget to do the writing on the side like that, and it really looks nice. Hugs, dj

Donna said...

Oh I love it Denise, a perfect cas card and totally gorgeous! Your sentiment is fab. hugs Donna x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Your card is gorgeous. The layout is just right for CAS theme. You are very clever to get the text just right.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Judy said...

Very nice hun. This is "simply" beautiful!!! Great job!
xx

xxxtglxxx said...

Love the simplicity of this and the elegance of the writing at the side :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous CAS card Denise, love how you've added the sentiment :o) Lisa x

PS. Yep, Ikea are fab - most of my craft room storage is from there lol!

Deb said...

such a perfect CAS card, love the image and the sentiment looks fabulous that way up!
Debxx

Karen said...

Really lovely Denise and how brave are you to print straight onto the card from the computer.
xx

ahlers5 said...

So very pretty. I love the way the sentiment goes alongside the picture. Just beautiful!
Diane

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card! The clean design really showcases the lovely image.


--Cheryl--
Stop by my blog to check out my blog candy!

Julie said...

Beautiful! You rocked clean and simple!
Hugs,
Julie

Debs M said...

gorgeous cas card, beautifully coloured and great sentiment x

Faye said...

What a lovely fresh card. You could so easily have gone all pinky with this and it's refreshing to see some blue. xxx

Shirl said...

Denise she is soooo elegant and regal looking, just pure clean and simple.
Hugs Shirley x x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Pefectly C&S creation hun, love the colour!

Thank you for sharing with us at craft Your Passion this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

craftybunny said...

Gorgeous card.The turquoise lifts everything beautifully.Well done on getting the sentiment in the right place.
Lisa x

WeirdCat said...

This is fantastic, beautiful, my printer doesn't like my card so I can't print directly onto it, very frustrating,
Ruth x

Karen said...

Please forgive my late comments hun, it was such a poorly household last week in our house. Love this CAS card so much!
Simply elegant. Simply perfect. Love everything about this.xx