Thursday, 2 June 2011

DYSU Challenge #22 Orange


Good Morning Bloggers,
It's Thursday again and time for another challenge over at DYSU. This week our theme is ORANGE which means we want to see orange paper, ribbon, flowers, design - your choices are endless!!


Our amazing sponsors this week are:



Copic Marker Scrapbooking who are giving 6 Copic Ciao markers (North/South America) or Martha Stewart punch (rest of the world)
and


Karen's Doodles who are giving 3 digital images of winner's choice



Inky Impressions who are giving 1 stamp of the winner's choice and a goody bag

My project this week uses a Copic Marker image called Beach Umbrella and I have again, made a tag.


I cut  the tag on the Cricut from water colour paper and blended Aquamarkers for the background and then distressed using Scattered Straw and Fired Brick Distress Inks. It was then run through an embossing folder (Sun Rays by Craft Concepts) and sanded. 


The image was coloured with Promarkers and cut out and yellow stickles have been added to the sand area and the sun. The "summer" was generated on the computer and again, cut out. The ribbons I used were various ones I had in my stash.


That's it - easy peasy but very effective and I hope you like.

The other DT girls have created some gorgeous projects and I know they would love for you to take a look and be inspired to join in this week's challenge. As usual, we can't wait to see what you create.

Hugs
Denise xx

13 comments:

WencheP said...

Stunning! I really feel the sun shining on me.... Just awesome!

Hugs,
Wenche

Jo said...

Love everything about this! Totally wonderful!

Suzilou said...

Oh gosh Denise that is gorgeous, what an amazing piece of work the colours are stunning, just love it! xx

Dawn said...

This is stunning! I love the color and design! I might have to try something like this! Keep inspiring!

Vicky said...

Just so beautiful Denise...and I just love the colour too hun...!

have a lovely evening...hugs Vicky xx

Janna Werner said...

I aM sO iN lOvE wItH tHiS tAg!!!!! Hugs Janna

Miranda said...

fantastic tag Denise, I can almost feel the sun
shining on me
love it
hugs
Miranda

Marcy said...

Your tag is gorgeous! I love the colors, texture, just about everything!

Iulia said...

This is simply gorgeous Denise! It just screams summer and sun! Love the glitter!
Hugs, Iulia

JOAN said...

I love your tag!! You did an amazing job with that stamp. Thanks for sharing.

Faith A said...

WOW this is amazing, gorgeous beach scene and colours, fabulous

princesskitten said...

that is so wonderful and hot ;-)

Jinny Newlin said...

Oooo! Absolutely lovin' the dimension and shine! Way to rock the orange, girl!