Thursday, 16 June 2011

Digi Doodle Shop Challenges #63 - Stitching






Back again, this time with my card for the Digi Doodle Shop Challenge. The theme for this week is "Stitching" and I have used this lovely image of a vintage lady in her fabulous feather and rose adorned hat. It can be found here in the Digi Doodle Shop.

Now, before I give you any further details of my card, I must let you know that a seamstress I am NOT!! Give me a pair of knitting needles, a crochet hook or even an embroidery needle and I am fine but put a sewing machine in front of me and I go to pieces. So, as this is my very first attempt at stitching on a card, please forgive the uneven and slightly wonky result - lol.

The papers are from the Pink Petticoat Vintage Rose collection and the image has been coloured with Promarkers. The little pearls in the corners have been added to cover up that wonky stitching I mentioned!!!!

The flowers are from an assortment of suppliers including Wild Orchid Crafts and Hobbycraft. The ribbon from my stash.

Now it's your turn - pop over to the Challenge Blog, take a look at all the other fantastic creations made by the rest of the DT for your inspiration and join in the fun. I am looking forward to seeing what you create.
Hugs
Denise xx

I am entering this card into the CRAFT Challenge - Include Stitching

20 comments:

dj1952 said...

Fantastic card! I love the color combination and your coloring of this lovely image. I've had her long before I started here, but just haven't gotten around to coloring her. And you did a awesome "first time" sewing a card. Hugs, dj

Debs M said...

I think your sewing looks fabulous! beautifully coloured and great embellishments x

Karen said...

Gorgeous Denise, soooo pretty too.

xx

Deb said...

this is so beautiful, very My Fair Lady, love it!
Happy Crafting, Debxx

Judy said...

Oh wow...this is simply stunning! So soft looking, love it.
xx

Janna Werner said...

such an elegant card, Denise!

craftybunny said...

Beautiful.Your stitching is so neat.Far,far better than I could do first time - believe me!Love the pretty colour combo too.
Lisa x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Everything about it hunni is gorgeous and all go so well together.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Donna said...

Oh wow beautiful! Love the soft colours and the beautiful flower arrangement. hugs Donna x

PAC CHARITY CARDS said...

Stunning card your stitching is fab hun

Uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Wow,, This card is very sweet, pretty and nice,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

WeirdCat said...

Great stitching, love the flowers, a beautiful card
Ruth x

Karen said...

A truly wonderful card. I oohed and aahed over this one when I first saw it and I'm still doing it now. Smiles. Love your stitching too. So nice! Smiles.xx

Janet said...

what a beautiful card! x

ahlers5 said...

This is so beautiful! Love the soft colors and the flowers are perfect!
Diane

Inger said...

Oh wowww this is just BEAUTIFUL!!!

♥ Hugs, Inger

Julie said...

Wow your card is just beautiful! Love how the flowers match the flowers in her hat
Hugs,
julie

Wishcraft said...

Lovely elegant card Denise - your stitching looks fabulous to me! Lisa x

Paddington fan said...

Fabulous image, gorgeous colours, pretty roses and great stitching too!! Thanks for joining us at CRAFT this week for our stitching challenge, love Jacky x

Faith A said...

SOooooo pretty love the pink and blue