Thursday, 9 June 2011

Digi Doodle Shop Challenges #62 - No Backing Paper


My second post today is for Digi Doodle Shop Challenges - yes, we have a new name and a fab new look to the Challenge Blog and the Shop.  Judy has been very busy and they both look fantastic. Make sure you pop over and take a look.  I'm sure Judy would really appreciate your comments on the design :0)

Our challenge this week is No Backing Paper. You can of course use coloured card, embossed card or even stamp your own backing but no Designer Papers allowed!! I decided to make a clean and simple card and have used only this gorgeous floral frame which you can get here.


I printed one image directly onto the card and another onto Neenah so that I could colour it with Promarkers.  I then cut out all of the flowers and leaves and stuck them onto the card. Some have been stuck directly to the design and some have been raised with foam pads. The sentiment was generated on the computer and also attached to the card with foam pads.  The butterfly was cut with a MS punch and four pink pearls added to the body.


Okay crafters....your turn now. Hop on over to the Challenge Blog - the rest of the DT have made some gorgeous cards to inspire you and there are some lovely new images available in the shop. Then come join in the fun. I can't wait to see what you create. 

Hugs
Denise xx

I am entering this card into:

Divas By Design - Florals
Bearly Mine #12 - Anything Goes
Craft Room Challenge #1 - Anything Goes
Deep Ocean #1 - Anything Goes

27 comments:

Karen said...

Very pretty Denise, love the sentiment too.
xx

ahlers5 said...

Thanks for the link to the frame. I've never seen that frame before. No matter how many times I visit the site, always miss something! This is stunning. Beauty in simplicity. Love it.
Diane

Zoechaos said...

Lovely flowers, they work on a CAS card wonderfully. Thank you for sharing with us for our very first Craft-Room Challenge. Thank you also for putting our logo on your side bar, for the prize draw we are looking for the shop logo and a link to http://www.craft-room.co.uk/, hope you do not mind my mentioning it. XOXO Zoe

Judy said...

Diane I just love this! This is a perfect example of simplicity at it's finest! Love it.

Hugs

sandiblu said...

What a simple but effective card Denise, it's just gorgeous !!

Hugs, Sandra xx

dj1952 said...

Denise, this is gorgeous! I never would have thought just to use a frame, nor did I know we had these. I know one thing I'll be getting later. Hugs, dj

Karen said...

Truly inspired and elegant. I really like this hun.xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Denise.

Hugs Riet.xx

Vicky said...

Wow hunni...this is so gorgeous! love the image, pretty colours and beautiful sentiment too...

hugs Vicky xx

Nikki Byrne said...

Simply beautiful, love the image and the sentiment. Thank you for joining our first challenge at Craft room challenge. Nikki DT

Donna said...

Stunning little card, so clean and pretty. hugs Donna x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous Denise. I love the butterfly as well.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Debs M said...

wow this looks stunning, love the cas effect and your colouring is great x

Janna Werner said...

So beautiful, Denise! And I love ur little bear on the right side bar :D Janna

Cynthia Lloréns said...

This is a wonderful card...I love each details....so cute at all.
This is my first time in here and I enjoy everything .I´m follower now.
I wish a wonderful weekend.
Kisses and huges from Brazil
Cynthia

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow!
This is utterly beautiful!
hugs
kim x

Wishcraft said...

Wow Denise, this is beautiful! Fabulous design, so stylish :o) Lisa x

margie c said...

What a stunning card! Every details is beautiful! Great job :)

Crafteezee said...

Sooo beautiful Denise, love how it pops out of the page, very elegant. Hugs Tracy x

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine ……..
Hugs
Judith

Faith A said...

WOW this is so beautiful, love the different layers.

Suzilou said...

This is gorgeous, love the flowers and the layout, realy realy nice :) xx

Chelle said...

Gorgeous card and thank you for suggesting I enter mine in the DigiDoodle challenge.

Julie said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors, the sentiment and well it's just perfect!
hUgs
Julie

xxxtglxxx said...

This looks brilliant Denise :) great image, than can really carry this card without DP off.

Beautiful colouring too - really stunning.

hugs

xxalisonxx

craftybunny said...

Gorgeous CAS card.The colours are so pretty.
Lisa x

Minna said...

Beautiufl card, love the colours and image. Thanks for joining us at Deep Ocean Challenge.
Hugs,Minna