Thursday, 2 June 2011

DDSB Challenge #61 - Wedding


Back again! This time with my card for this week's great challenge over at Digi Doodle Shop's Best, which, as the title suggests is WEDDINGS.



I have used this gorgeous bouquet image which also comes with a garter and can be found here in the shop. As I wanted all the attention to be on the bouquet, I have kept the card white on white except for the sketchy image of the wedding dress.


I scored several lines along the left side of the card and matted the image onto an embossed piece of card created using Budding Vine by Craft Concepts - absolutely love this folder. The flowers were cut on the Cricut and them embossed with a dotty folder. The swirls and leaves were cut using Magnolia Doohickeys and the brads are from my stash.


To finish, I printed off another one of Paulettes lovely freebies (Create with TLC) and tucked it beneath the flower and there you have it - my completed Wedding card - which I hope you like.

Your turn now - pop over to the Challenge blog, take a look at the rest of the DT's fabulous cards and join in the fun.  There are some lovely images available in the shop here, should you want to us one. This of course, is not compulsory but you do get double the entry into the challenge. Don't forget to check out June's special offers - see my sidebar for details.

That's all from me for today. Be back soon :o)
Happy crafting
Denise xx



22 comments:

ahlers5 said...

I just love the way you added the wedding dress. Beautiful.
Diane

dj1952 said...

This is gorgeous. I wondered how you got that effect when I saw it in the album. Beautiful all the way around. I don't know why I don't think to emboss my flowers. Hugs, dj

KraftyKoolKat said...

Denise this is adorable. Fantastic layout.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

craftybunny said...

How clever to add that beautiful dress.The white really draws the attention to the bouquet.
Lisa x

sandiblu said...

Love this card Denise, especially the way you have put it together and the WOW works so well with that digi !!

Hugs, Sandra xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Denise.

Hugs Riet.xx

Donna said...

Amazing card Denise, love what you've done with this bouquet, stunning. hugs Donna x

Suzilou said...

Gorgeous card Denise, really stunning image and what a great idea with the die cut flowers and I just love the white on white :) xx

Wishcraft said...

So lovely Denise. Gorgeous image and love all your beautiful details :o) Lisa x

Vicky said...

Wow...this is so beautiful hun...! and I love all your stunning details too...

have a lovely evening...hugs Vicky xx

Janna Werner said...

This is really cool and so detailed!

Marcy said...

This is just gorgeous!

Karen said...

I fell in love with that wedding dress sketch as soon as I saw it. Fantastic idea hun. You're so clever. Amazing card.xx

Karen said...

Love this Denise and what a brilliant idea to sketch the dress for the background, you clever thing.

xx

cardsonly said...

really amazing did you draw it yourself
thanks for youre comment on my wedding gazebo really like it if you would become follower

with love

celine

Debs M said...

fantastic idea for the dress and the flowers and sentiment set it off perfectly x

Teresa said...

Wow Denise, what a stunner! I love the image and the folds in the dress and love the way you kept the card white. Such a great card, Hugs, Teresa x

WeirdCat said...

This is gorgeous, I love the sketched wedding dress in the background.
Ruth x

Uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Waw,, This card is very nice, sweet and creative,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Deb said...

such a beautiful card Denise, the embossing and die cuts really finish the whole thing off!
Have a fabulous weekend!
Happy Crafting, Debxx

Faith A said...

SO clever and very beautiful, 5 stars are not enough.

Julie said...

What a beautiful and unique wedding card. Love it!
Hugs,
Julie