Thursday, 19 May 2011

DDSB Challenge #59 - Embossing


Back again!!!  This time with my card for the Digi Doodle Shops Best Challenge. This week we want to see some embossing on your cards but before I tell you about my card for this week, I must apologise for the awful photos - I was running out of daylight and could not get a decent picture at all.


I have chosen to use dry embossing along with this fun image called "Special Delivery" which you can find here in the shop. I have coloured it with Promarkers, glittered the cake and candle and used a pink Coloursoft pencil for the aura. The papers are a freebie download - not sure where from I'm afraid and I have used two different embossing folders on the design. The Happy Birthday one is a Cuttlebug design but again, I am not sure what make the Cupcake one is as I borrowed it from my daughter.


I love this image - I think he is such a jolly looking chef and I love his large belly - :0) And he was so easy to colour!


The sentiment is a favourite freebie from Create with TLC and the heart brads and the "made with love" heart charm are from my stash. I have finished off by adding some Stickles to the edge of the design and on the embossed cupcakes.

Why not take a look at the shop - there are some fab images available and a great sale going on at the moment - then join in with us for this challenge. You don't have to use a Digi Doodle Shop image but those of you who do, get two entries into the challenge. Oh, and don't forget to have a look at the rest of the DT's creations for some fab inspiraton.

Can't wait to see what you create.
Hugs Denise xx

I am entering this into the following challenges:

Crafts and Me - Anything Goes
Crafty Cardmakers - Embossing

31 comments:

Teresa said...

Ooh, Wow Denise - love this Chef! He looks great with the papers and the embossing is fab! Yummy! Hugs, Teresax

sandiblu said...

Fabbie card Denise !!! Just one question ... where did they get my photo from ? !!!! lol lol

Hugs, sandra xxx

Donna said...

Wow, what a great selection of embossing Denise, love this card and your papers are so pretty. hugs Donna x

Riet said...

So gorgeous card,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

WencheP said...

Love the image - so funny! Great coloring!

Hugs,
Wenche

Judy said...

Oh wow hun! I so love this. Your embossing is so cool with this stamp! Great job hun.

Hugs

Gill McCall said...

oh cupcakes - yum yum!! love this card.

Vicky said...

Such a yummy card Denise...!

hugs Vicky xx

Suzilou said...

Oh WOW denise I love this card, have seen this image before and love what you have done with it may have to go get that one now :p and love the papers and how you have used them, just brilliant :) xx

Janna Werner said...

Heya Denise! Gorgeous card, love the paper you used the sweet image and colours! Hugs Janna

Shirl said...

Love that image Denise and you have worked your magic charm as usual to make him look adorable.
Hugs Shirley x x

Debs M said...

oh i love this! great colours and bp and i love the layering. Fabulous embossing and i love those hearts x

dj1952 said...

Denise this is too cute! I love your coloring. I also love your embossing and papers. Hugs, dj

Julie said...

Fabulous birthday card.
Hugs,
Julie

Karen said...

Great card Denise, lovely papers and embossing too.
xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous Denise. I have used this image three times now but they have been for men's cards. You have just proved that it is fabulous for a lady.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

ahlers5 said...

This is great. Love your coloring and the embossing is wonderful.

Deb said...

such a gorgeous card Denise, love the image he is so cute!
Have a great weekend, happy crafting, Debxx

Wishcraft said...

Fab card Denise, what a great image :o) Love the papers and embossing. Lisa x

angelwhispers said...

My word this is just fab and loving the colours and detail!! Chanelle xxx

xxxtglxxx said...

This is such a great card :) Lovely image, its coloured beautifully and I really likelove your DP - perfect!

hugs

xxalisonxx

craftybunny said...

Everything goes so well together.Great colouring.
Lisa x

WeirdCat said...

This is great, love the papers, and the hearts, wonderful colouring as always
Ruth x

Deb Mitchell said...

Ohhhh my gosh!!!! WOOZERS!!!!! what a stunning card & I so so love that image!!!! Brilliant colouring Hun & thank you for dropping by my blog too

Hugz, Deb

Patricia Garcia said...

Oh this is just too cute, love your color combination and the cute image!!

Hugs,
Patricia

~ Ali ~ said...

Fabulous creation! Love it. thank you for all the wonderful comments that you leave on my blog

Ali x

Janet said...

A great image and fab embossing detail x

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card, fab image, now that's a chef's belly lol
hugs Mandy xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

HI Denise - I have tried to leave a comment here FOUR times but Blogger is playing silly monkeys again. I have had the same problem with some of my DT commenting too - anyway, fingers crossed that today my comment will get through to you! I just wanted to say how much I love this card - the chef is fabulous!

Here goes - hugs, Sylvia xx

Kim Piggott said...

Wow!
Denise this is stunning!
hugs
kim x

Faith A said...

A fabulous card, love the image and the embossing