Thursday, 7 April 2011

DYSU Challenge # 14 - Yellow


Hi all you happy crafters out there!!  Thank you all for joining in last week at DYSU - and as usual, congrats to all the lucky winners. Also, a warm welcome goes to our Guest Designer for this week - Nina Macauly. 


This week's theme is YELLOW - and we are looking forward to all your bright, Spring/Summer entries. And just take a look at what our four generous sponsors are offering the lucky winners this week. Grab a coffee and make yourself comfy, we have a lot to get through!!


Copic Marker Scrapbooking who will be giving the winners from North and South America 6 Copic Ciao Markers and the rest  will get a Martha Stewart punch!!


Sassy Studio Designs are giving 4 digi images of the winner's choice


The Stamping Boutique are giving 5 images of the winner's choice
and
Crafty Emma's Store are giving a set of 6x6 "Oh La La" papers


Crafty Emma´s images that are showcased by our Design Team were from a couple of digi companies. The money paid for these images (which can be purchased via Crafty Emma) is going to the charity they are supporting - The Yorkshire Air Ambulance. For more information please check their blog .

Plus - don't forget that our top 3 picks will each get 2 digi stamps from our lovely blog owner Alison's shop @ Stretch n Bubbles.

And so on to my offering this week.


This week's image is Bella Bride from Sassy Studio Designs. I have coloured her with Promarkers and mounted her onto embossed vellum (not clear in the picture) and white card. Beneath that is a printed wedding vellum and then a pearlised card which has been stamped with swirls. These and all the edges of the papers have been embossed with Enchanted Gold powder.

The corner embellishments were cut using a die from the Floral Doiley Motifs set from Spellbinders and also embossed with Enchanted Gold powder.


I made the flower myself using some lace that I had in my stash and edged it with yellow glitter. I added a yellow rose (also glittered) from Wild Orchid Crafts and a shiny yellow butterfly motif I have had in my stash for ages. The heart charm comes from an old bracelet and has been coloured with alcohol ink.




This is the lace before I gathered it.


To finish off, I added another butterfly and decorated the inside to match. This was a very fiddly card to make (all that embossing!) but I enjoyed every moment and am very happy with the final result. I hope you like too!!

So, now it's your turn - please do visit the DYSU Challenge blog and have a look at what all the other girls have made. There are some great creations to inspire you and we all look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Happy Crafting
Hugs
Denise xx


still watching this space??


10 comments:

Judy said...

Hi Denise,

Congratulations for being a member on the DDSB team. Welcome, and I look forward to seeing your creations.

Hugs

sandiblu said...

WOW hun, all that hard work was worth it, the card is spectacular !!!!!

Hugs, sandra xx

princesskitten said...

This is a beautiful wedding card - love all the sparkle

Janna Werner said...

Denise, this card is simply stunning! So so beautiful! TFS Janna

Miranda said...

gorgeous card Denise, it's so pretty I like the combination of white yellow/gold, beautiful
hugs
Miranda

Peggysue said...

Denise this card is so elegant! All the fussing paid off. I love it!!
Hugs,
PeggySue

WencheP said...

Oh my gosh - the flower and the butterfly is just adorable and the image is just the cutest! Fabulous card.

Hugs,
Wenche

xxxtglxxx said...

This is utterly gorgeous and completely divine Denise :)

Stunning! I love everything about it, its just so elegant and words fail me :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Jo said...

This is so pretty! I love the dimension you created on the dress and the pretty sparkly flowers

Starla B. said...

This card is absolutely amazing! Any bride would be honored to receive it.