Thursday, 28 April 2011

DYSU #17 Make it Pop


Hi all, it's  time again for another great challenge over at DYSU.  We had great fun last week with our Easter Blog Hop and thank you for all your lovely comments on my cards. I have put all the numbers into the random org thingy and he chose comment No. 29 - Jacqueline - as the winner. Congratulations Jacqueline, the elephant image is on it's way to you. I hope you have as much fun as I did colouring it.




Our challenge this week is "Make It Pop" so we are looking for pop-up cards, 3d decoupage or just use anything to make your image pop off the card.

Our lovely sponsors this week are:

 Black Leaf who are giving one winner the Welcome to the Jungle clipart set

Digis With Attitude who are giving one winner $10 CAD ( Canadian Funds)  Gift Certificate for their store

 Stitchy Bear who are giving one winner $10 Gift Voucher

and Stretch n Bubbles who are giving is giving 2 single images to each of the TOP 3





I have used this fun image from Stitchy Bear called "Please Drink Responsibly" and I have made a spring fold, or as some call it, diamond fold card. The papers are from a My Craft Studio cd and I have coloured the image with Promarkers. Do you like her pink rinse?!!!

 
I have added Glossy Accents to her glasses, earrings, beads, the glass, the cup and her shoes although this does not show up that well in the photo I'm afraid.


The sentiment has been printed on the computer and comes from a very, very old song from way before my time called "Enjoy Yourself". I have used sticky pads to raise the image from the card and tucked the sentiment behind.


Now it's your turn.  Please do take a look at all the other DT's creations, they are very inspirational and I look forward to seeing what you come up with and leaving a comment on your blog.

Thanks for looking and for commenting - they make my day when reading them.
Hugs
Denise xx

9 comments:

Jo said...

This is really wonderful Denise! I love the pop up thing! And such a fun image!

Janna Werner said...

Hi Denise! Your card is fantastic, love the style of this card, would never have thought about that by myself ... now I wanna try :-) Have a great day, Janna

Nicolchen said...

Hi Denise

your card is fantastic...love the colors you´ve used and the design is great :0)))

Hugs Nicole

WencheP said...

This is just the best! The image is supercool, the colors are fabulous and I just love the folding.

Hugs,
Wenche

Miranda said...

awesome card, lovely folds Denise, cute cute cute
hugs
Miranda

Marcy said...

HAHA I love that image and your folding technique is fabby!! Love it! Hugs,
Marcy

princesskitten said...

That's wicked!

xxxtglxxx said...

Great fun image, and a really fab style of card. I havent made one of these in ages, but they always look brilliant!

hugs

xxalisonxx

Faith A said...

This is absolutely fantastic, what a fun card and you have the style so right for the image.