Thursday, 21 April 2011

DYSU #16 Easter Blog Hop

The DYSU Challenge 1st Official Blog Hop!


Awww - ain't those bunnies sooo cute!!

Here is what our lovely sponsors for this week are generously giving our winners:

Amber Ink - $10 Gift Certificate

Little Claire - 3 sets of stamps

Papiersalat - 2 newly made digi images

Stretch 'n' Bubbles - 5 digi stamps

We also have some surprise bonus prizes! Here is what you need to do to participate in our EASTER BLOG HOP:

Each of our Design Team  has hidden one letter of our Blog Hop theme on her blog, make sure to hop in alphabetical order to find the correct letters. If you have come from Alison's blog you are on the right track. If not you need to go back to collect your first letter.

Denise - you are here!!
Tina - not taking part this week - her letter is E

Leave a comment on each of their blogs so they know that you stopped by. Afterwards send an email with the correct theme to papiersalat@gmail.com (please write in the subject line “theme for EBH”) and then upload your creation onto the DYSU Challenge blog. This will make you eligible for winning the  EASTER BLOG HOP surprise prize (randomly chosen)! Furthermore a winner will be randomly chosen from those who leave a comment on our DTs blogs to win a Stretch N Bubbles image. For further info on prizes etc. hop (excuse the pun!) on over to the DYSU challenge blog and also take a look at the rest of the teams creations. We are all showcasing two projects each this week.

So, on to my cards for this week. I will keep the details brief as you have had a lot to read already!!!  The first one uses a sweet image from Amber Ink called "Owl be Your Friend".


I have coloured it with Promarkers and matted it onto some digital papers from Summer Driggs called Liqourice and Bubblegum. To complete it, I printed off the message which matches the image, added a brown bow and a small owl charm.




For my second card I have used this fun image from Stretch & Bubbles. This was such a joy to colour - just like being a kid again!!.



This has also been coloured using Promarkers and  I have added diamond glaze to some parts of the image but it does not show up in the picture. I then cut  the elephant out, stuck it onto black card and matted it onto some lovely paper my daughter gave me - (sorry do not know the name of it). The flowers have been cut from the DP on my Cricut. I added a brad to the centre and attached them with silicone glue. To finish, I stamped the sentiment onto a tag shape and attached it beneath the flower.

Right then, down to business......if you would like to win this gorgeous elephant image, all you have to do is leave me a comment. I will randomly choose a winner after the challenge closes. I would also love it if you became a follower but that is not mandatory.

Simple as that!!!!  Oh and if you haven't yet realised my letter is    ** S **

Your next stop on the hop is Janna - good luck collecting your letters and I look forward to seeing all your gorgeous entries.

Happy Hopping
Denise xx


52 comments:

walchowDesign said...

Love this owl - so sweet!

Montse said...

Wonderful cards!!!!the elephant's so sweet.

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards Denise.

Hugs Riet.xx

DQ said...

Wonderful cards! TFS

Tamara said...

Such Cute cards :)

Debs M said...

both gorgeous, but i really love the owl, the charm is fab too x

Theresa said...

Love your cards with the owl and elephant.
So cute.TFS

Julie said...

Beautiful cards!
Hugs,
julie

Chris said...

the bunnies are cute but I think your elephant is cuter

Carol said...

Great cards. Carol x

Carol said...

Beautiful cards, love the elephant and the added owl charm! TFS

Miranda said...

wow Denise your cards are awesome, fantastic both of them
love the way you tried to emphasis your letter, fantastic
hugs
Miranda

WencheP said...

Your cards are just fabulous! love them both...

Happy easter!

Hugs,
Wenche

*Alison* said...

Oh wow.. so cute.. these are adorable. I just love your creations and love how you created TING :) hehe.. HUGS

Janna Werner said...

Heya Denise!! Your cards are ver sweet, especially the owl is stinkin cute ;-) TFS!Janna

Vicki said...

Beautiful coloring on beautiful cards! I've become a follower and grabbed the letter S. Thanks!

Bridget said...

I love your cards! Wonderful coloring!

kurlygirl said...

Your cards are just adorable! I especially love the owl card. Pink & brown is a favorite color combo for me. Thanks for letting us play along!

Jenn said...

Love your cards!! The first one is my fave :)

Melanie said...

This is a great idea to get to the challenge theme. Love the blog hop and the DT's fantastic work!

Melanie said...

This is a great idea to get to the challenge theme. Love the blog hop and the DT's fantastic work!

Thebug415 said...

Oh what an adorable owl card. Like that elephant too!

Anonymous said...

the cards are awesome,i love ,love, love the Owl
thank you for sharing your creative project and inspires
I have to say that I really enjoy browsing your blog!
Keep up the fabulous work.I wish you many more creative years
hope you have a marvelous weekend
Lisa

Kimberly said...

lovely cards....the owl is awesome, love the colors and layout. TFS! www.canadiancraftcorner.blogspot.com

JLJ Designs said...

Cute cards! I love the elephant.

Jen

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love how you positioned the owl card - I need to stop being so linear. Really nice!!

Chrisd said...

Both the elephant and owl are so wonderful cards with your special touches added. Thanks for the hop!

WendyP said...

both your cards are wonderful.
And the blog hop is GREAT!!

Lisa R. said...

Cool looking owl! great cards. Thanks for sharing. joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com

Jacqueline said...

Love the owls - TFS
Hugs ~ Jacqueline
madebyjacqueline(at)yahoo(dot)ca

lindyloo said...

Super cards but I love the owl hugs linda x

Heather Feather said...

love your cards. Heather x

Jyotsna Kandpal said...

Hey nice thing... That you and your daughter craft together... It must feel very good :)) Very cute cards on display.. Am Blog Hopping over to the next now...:))

Naomi said...

I just adore the owl card...such a cute image AND sentiment! Well, I'm off to the next blog :)

Marcy said...

Gorgeous cards, Denise. I especially love what you've done with Alison's elephant. Have a wonderful holiday. Hugs, Marcy

Khin Hnin said...

That elephant is such a darling! <3

princesskitten said...

Just love the way you put the flower in the owl's wings - such fun

Detje said...

Beatufil cards, I love the colors you used.

Detje

JanR said...

I love that owl and the colours on your elephant card are fabby!

Mari Harpham said...

Beautiful cardS. That elephant iS amazing.

Mari Harpham

Joanne said...

Adorable cards, love the owl! Fun blog hop too! Aloha.

Dragonlady said...

Beautiful cards, love owls and elephants!

Hugs Ali x

Deanna, Hon, Mom, & DeDe, said...

I'm on such an 'owl' kick and this one is precious! And I love what you did with the elephant card. Happy Easter.

Turid said...

Lovely card! I really like it!
Happy Easter.

Hugs Turid :)

aqualeiga said...

oH dENISE, i DID GIGGLE READING YOUR POST....THOSE 'S' CERTAINLY JUMPED OUT AT ME ANS IF ANYONE NEEDED TELLING THE SECRET LETTER BY THE END OF YOUR POST THEY NEED SOME SERIOUS SPECS!!! gREAT BLOG, THANKS FOR HAVING ME. HUGS, ALI X

Jenn Zeeb said...

I have always loved the elephant, great job on both cards

Khin Hnin said...

Your Owl charm is such a darling.......<3

Linda said...

Very beautiful cards....love the owl one!!!

Julie's Blog said...

What wonderful cards - I espescially love the elephant. Loving the hop. Julie :-)

Jodi said...

Both are very cute but I love the owl card and the fact that the charm matches your image so well.

sharring1477 said...

The cards are soooo nice! The owl is great! It makes me smile.
Sharon
sharring1477@msn.com

Faith A said...

Lovely lovely cards, love the elephant, so ethnic.