Friday, 25 March 2011

"Grace"

Good Evening All,

I hope you are all looking forward to the weekend!!
My card this evening uses the beautiful digi image from Sugar Nellie - Grace. I just adore these little girls and have been trying to print one off for ages.


I am going to enter this card into the Sugar Bowl Challenge # 56, which is a sketch by Kiki and the optional theme of Pink.

I have coloured her with Coloursoft pencils and Sansodor - I wanted a softer effect than the one I get with Promarkers.

                                         

The dotty paper is from the Tim Holtz Vintage Shabby Paper Stack. This is definitely a collection that you get out, stroke and put back again. Let me tell you, I had to take a very deep breath before I cut into this :o)

The wavy edge on the pink and white card has been cut using a Doohickey from Magnolia and the  lace is from Wild Orchid Crafts. The roses are some I picked up in Hobbycraft which I coloured using Vintage Velvet Distress Ink to match the distressed edges on the papers.





To finish off, I distressed a butterfly greeting from Craftwork Cards (don't think they do these anymore though), slightly bent the wings and there you have it.

I hope you like.
Hugs
Denise xx


21 comments:

Deb said...

such a beautiful card, she is so sweet and I love the layered edging!
Happy Crafting, Debxx

Vicky said...

Just stunning hun! such a beautiful image and loving your gorgeous dp's too....

hope you have a fabby weekend sweetie...

hugs Vicky xx

sharingthepassion said...

Oh Denise this is fantastic. Loving the design paper and your image is coloured beautifully! Love all your added details.

Thanks for playing in The Sugar Bowl

Ali x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Denise and Louise - thanks so much for visiting my blog tonight, I really appreciate it, and I just had to pop over here to have a nosey!! This beautiful card ticks ALL the boxes for me - I adore these Sugar Nellie images, I love Tim's papers, and I love the colour pink! Fabulous colouring too.
Have a happy weekend - Hugs, Sylvia x

Karen Howard said...

This is really beautiful! Love the image and layout you used! Your cards are amazing, I'm your newest follower. Hugs, Karen

Suzilou said...

So beautifull Denise, gorgeous image and love your lay out very very pretty :) xx

Wishcraft said...

Such a sweet and pretty card! Love how you've coloured the image and all your lovely details :o) Lisa x

sandiblu said...

Stunning card Denise, your image is coloured perfectly as always. Have a good wekend.

Hugs, sandra xx

Peggysue said...

So pretty Denise! I never think to add color to my roses with the Distress inks. They look great. Love the b-fly.
Hugs,
PeggySue

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow Denise this is so beautiful, such stunning work!
hugs
kim x

CraftyC said...

Your card is totally gorgeous Dnise. I love these images and she's been beautifully coloured!
Clairexx

Kim B said...

So cute and sweet!! Love the card. Hope your weekend is wonderful. Hugs, Kim

xxxtglxxx said...

Donna - this is so wonderful! :)

I love how the punched borders seem to match the scallop edged card. Beautiful soft colours and the way you have coloured Grace is just perfection.

Just a stunner!

hugs

xxalisonxx

Nicoletta said...

Hi Denise! i'm for the first time in your blog :-)
Your creations are georgeus! i' love your colouring! I came back to see your next creations!
Hugs
Nicoletta

Faith A said...

A really beautiful card, love teh soft colours.

alina said...

Denise, I adore your card, just perfectly coloured!
I'm glad you visited me, because now I found your blog, which is so inspiring! And thank you for letting me know that I'm not the only one having problems with Blogger, so all I can do is waiting patiently!
Have a very nice day,
hugs, Alina

Chris said...

So beautiful Denise and I love your soft colouring and wonderful design. Sheer perfection! Hugs, Chris :)

Michele said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Your coloring is beautiful!

Teresa said...

Beautiful card Denise...love the soft effect with the pencils, your colouring is superb. I agree with you about the Tim Holtz papers, I like to not use them but to stroke them too! Hugs, Teresa

Mina said...

wow Denise she is stunning and I have major paper envy for these lush ones too
Mina xxx

princesskitten said...

tagged you - hope that's ok

http://princesskitten-calligraphy.blogspot.com/2011/03/blog-prise.html