Thursday, 3 March 2011

DYSU Challenge # 9 - Green


Hello All,
Oh wow....we had 420 entries to last week's challenge of Anything Goes at Do You Stack Up and what gorgeous entries they were!!!  You definitely loved that one. Congrats to the winners and Top 3. Also to the lucky lady picked to be our very first Guest Designer. All names are posted on the blog.

So, onto this week's challenge which is Green. Green paper, green ribbon, green Promarkers. It's up to you.


And our three generous sponsors this week are:


Fanyella Design who is giving the lucky winner a surprise gift

Copic Marker Scrapbooking who will give 6 Copic Ciao Markers!


 

and Tickled Pink Stamps who are giving 2 digital images or 1 rubber stamp
How great is that?


For my card this week I have used a gorgeous Tickled Pink digi stamp called  Ghost Willow. I have paper pieced her dress using paper from an old K&Co paper pad called Garden Collage, highlighted it with green pencil and added some gorgeous gold glitter.  I also sprayed the dress with Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist but this unfortunately, does not show up in the photo. She has then been mounted onto the card with foam pads.

The backing papers are from DCWV Once Upon a Time stack, which I absolutely adore.  The gold corners and the crown on the inside are also part of this range. The castle window is from Tiddly Inks and the frog is a digi I found on the web. I have coloured these with Promarkers and Coloursoft pencils. The edge of the wall has been distressed with Tea Dye Distress Ink.




The inside of the card has also been decorated with Once Upon a Time papers and the sentiment is another digi I found on the web - sorry can't remember where. I have so many saved on my computer these days!! I really do need to do some cataloguing.



I hope you like this card and that it inspires you to join in the fun over at DYSU this week. Please do pop over there and take a look at all the other great cards from the DT - once again, they are gorgeous. 

Finally, I need to let you know that the challenge blog is now going to be ending at 2pm DYSU time on Wednesdays, instead of 5pm. This change was made so that the whole DYSU DT will be able to vote on the Top 3.


Thanks for looking.
Hugs
Denise xx

13 comments:

sandiblu said...

Oh so true !!!! lol lol

Stunning card Denise, the image is wondeful and I love the way you have coloured her !!

Hugs, sandra xx

cabio's craft corner said...

Its' such a cool card :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Janna said...

Hi Denise! Great card that tells a fun story .. and YES! Sometimes you really have to kiss a lot of frogs;) Janna

xxxtglxxx said...

Hi Denise :)

What a fabulous image - I want that! ;) Gorgeous.

Green is one of my favourite colours so this weeks competition rocks! Thanks so much for the heads up.

Your card is stunning - a really fabulous image and I just love how you have coloured her in. The gold on the edges is so effective and the background is perfect.

hugs

xxalisonxx

WencheP said...

Fabulous card, love the image and the sentiment on the inside.

Hugs,
Wenche

Jo said...

This is awesome she looks so mystical and paired with that sentiment is just too fun!

Miranda said...

gorgeous card Denise, really awesome, I like the whole scenery, cool!!
hugs
Miranda

Marcy said...

Wonderful card, Denise. I love how you colored her and added her to that awesome background! Hugs, Marcy

Keely Yowler said...

Love your beautiful card! The glitter is just fabulous.

Peggysue said...

Holy cow, what a beautiful storybook card. You brought so many elements together I can't comment on them all. Just wonderful. Don't tell anyone--------but I was quite the frog kisser in my time. hee hee.

princesskitten said...

This is just magic

Kim Dellow said...

Oh that is totally fabulous, love the scene. Kim

FairyD said...

WOW Denise, this is fabulous.

FairyD x