Thursday, 31 March 2011

DYSU Challenge # 13 - Clear, Light Pink and Mauve



It's Thursday again so that means it's DYSU Challenge time. Thanks for all the great entries we had last week and congrats to the winners. Also, a big welcome to our very first Guest Desiginer, Shelby Goolsby. Do go have a look at her creation for this week - it's amazing.

There is also huge surprise for you this week. Our lovely DYSU site owner Alison is rewarding each of the Top 3 picks with 2 (single) images from her fantastic Stretch N Bubbles Shop!! Not only today, but with every challenge from today on! How cool is that?!


This week's challenge is Clear, Light Pink and Mauve.



and our lovely sponsors are:


Black Leaf who are giving the Festive Chinese Lantern Set


Stitchy Bear who are giving $10 Certificate which can be used for Stitchy Stamps, Floppy Latte Designs, and Lexi Creations
and

Digi's with Attitude who are giving $10 (Canadian) Certificate



For my card I have used a streamer and two of the lantern designs from Black Leaf which I have coloured with Promarkers. I cut a section from the card and inserted acetate (well actually it's not strictly acetate because I couldn't find any sturdy enough so I cut up one of my Spellbinders cases!!!).  The papers are from a My Craft Studio CD - Illustrious Illusions and the border was made by importing the streamer into the programme, tiling it and adding it to a border on the CD.





I then cut the lanterns out, stuck them to the card and finished off with three bows.  A very simple card but quite effective.



And this is the inside - I love that dreamy pink cloud design.

Ok, that's my card for this week so all that is left to say is please don't forget to pop over to the DYSU Challenge blog, take a look at the other DT's cards and then join in the fun. Can't wait to see what you create.

Thanks for looking
Hugs
Denise xx


Watch this space!!




8 comments:

Janna Werner said...

Hi Denise!I absolutely love your interpretation of clear, light pink and mauve, especially the clear part is such a cool idea! Love it! TFS Janna

xxxtglxxx said...

This is such a clever card Denise :)

Amazing how you have constructed this - Im very impressed :)

Really pretty colours and great images.

hugs

xxalisonxx

Miranda said...

fantastic card Denise and I love the colours you have used, so lovely
hugs
Miranda

WencheP said...

I like it! Love the little bows, makes everything just perfect!

Hugs,
Wenche

Shelby Goolsby said...

This is so pretty!! I love how the lanterns look like they are floating.
Hugs, Shelby

princesskitten said...

this is wonderful - brilliant idea. your colouring really makes them stand out

Marcy said...

Beautiful card, Denise. Love the way you used acetate!

Jo said...

Denise, your card is wonderful! I love your use of the 'acetate' and your colouring if fab!