Thursday, 24 March 2011

DYSU Challenge # 12 - Shine On!!


Happy Thursday All,

Another great challenge last week at DYSU. Loads of lovely entries - you guys are great and of course, congrats to all the winners.

This weeks challenge is called "Shine On". We want to see lots of bling on your cards - the shinier the better! So come on girls, get out those sparkles, glitter, rhinestones and show us what you can do.



Our two lovely sponsors this week are:


 Digi Doodle Shop who are giving a $10 gift certificate


and Heather Ellis who is giving 3 images from her Etsy Shop - Digi Stamp Characters



My card this week features a cute little mousey from Heather Ellis Digi Stamp Characters - Mouse in the House collection. I have coloured her with Promakers and sparkled her tutu with Stardust Stickles. The papers used are from Basic Grey - Sugared Attractive and all hase been made into a centre stepper card.


I have tied a ribbon around the centre, added a stickled button, ballet shoes charm and heart. The heart I made myself by cutting out the shape from card, embossing with two coats of UTEE and a final coat of Crystal Sparkle powder. 


To complete the card, I have added more bling in the form of gems - these were clear but I coloured them with a Promarker.  I have also outlined the circle image and papers with stickles.



Can't wait to see what you all come up with this week so don't forget to join in the fun over at DYSU Challenge Blog. While there, take a look at the other DT's cards. Once again they are gorgeous!!

I am going to enter this card into:

Sweet Stamps Challenge - Centre Step Card
Anything Goes Challenge - Make your own embellishments (heart)

Thanks for looking
Hugs
Denise xx








20 comments:

Janna Werner said...

Heya Denise! Your card is super super sweet, so many great details! Thanks so much for sharing!

Bonnie Brown said...

Very cute image and pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps. Good luck!

Kathryn said...

Gorgeous card, love that heart, but love the whole thing, isn't she lovely! Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes, K x

Peggysue said...

Very pretty card Denise. That mouse is darling! I haven't tried to Stickle a button yet. I need to remember that! I learn so much from my fellow DT's!!
Hugs,
Peggysue

sandiblu said...

How sweet !!! Loving this card Denise, like the glittery button.

Hugs, sandra xx

Miranda said...

wow Denise your card is awesome, I love the little ballerina mouse with all the glitter and the little shoes are soooo cute
hugs
Miranda

Deb said...

this is so adorable Denise, the mouse is so sweet and I love all the details!
Happy crafting, Debxx

Wishcraft said...

SO cute! Love the little mouse and your pretty papers and details. Fab design too :o) Lisa x

WencheP said...

This is just the cutest! The little ballerina is so sweet! So funny you have made the same foldingcard as me.... :)

Hugs,
Wenche

Marcy said...

I just love your card. The image is colored beautifully, the folding technique is fabby and the charm is perfect. Love it all!

CraftyC said...

This is such a sweet card, love the folds and pretty colours!
Clairexx

Annette Witherspoon ♥ said...

I love this card! My heart started beating when I first saw it. I have a sweet little girl who adores Angelina Ballerina (in fact, she's napping with her Angelina doll right now.) She would love this. Thanks for sharing. I am inspired now!

Sandy Hulsart said...

What a cute little mouse, and your card is lovely. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Sweet Stamps blog.

Keely Yowler said...

What a beautiful card! That little mouse is so sweet. I love every sparkly detail :)

Posh Cat Crafts said...

Wonderful step card I love the gorgeous pink and all the added details, thank you for joining us at Anything Goes
Hugs
Tamara

Posh Cat Crafts said...

Hi again me with my other DT hat on.. I love the different shades of pink you have used.. Thank you for joining in at Sweet Stamps..
Hugs
Tamara

~ Kendra ~ said...

Adorable card!! Such a cue image! Love the papers you used! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps!

Kendra

*Alison* said...

Oh I love love love this creation.. I love how you colored her, and the sparkles you used.. this is just so adorable.. this little mouse reminds me of my 2year old who dances all the time.. :) great creation.. HUGS

princesskitten said...

She is just darling - love the layers

kitten DYSU team

Jacki Randolph said...

So cute@!! Makes a beautiful card, just love this image from DSB. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps this week, hope to see you again next week.