Thursday, 10 March 2011

DYSU Challenge # 10 - Layers


Well, we had another great challenge over at Do You Stack Up last week and loads of lovely entries. Congrats all you winners - enjoy your prizes and welcome our second Guest Designer! For this week's challenge the theme is LAYERS - so come on, get out all those papers, card, flowers etc. and layer them up on your project!!


Our generous sponsors this week are:


Lili of the Valley who are giving a lucky winner a £10 voucher


and Limited Runs Digis who are giving the other lucky winner 3 digis.



For my card this week I have used a cute dragonfly image from Limited Runs Digis. The backing papers are all digis I have on my computer so cannot tell you where they are from I'm afraid. I printed the wings onto an oil on water card that I bought some years ago, to get that rainbow effect that dragonfly wings seem to have.  I think this worked quite well. The body has been paper pieced. The fancy border, swirl and leaves are Magnolia Doohickeys and the circle is a Spellbinders die. The flowers were cut on the Cricut.


To complete the image, I have added Glossy Accents to the eyes - you can just about see a shine in the above picture!!


And this is the inside of the card.

Now don't forget to take a look at  DYSU and leave some love for the other DT members, whose projects are lovely and then join in this week's challenge.  Look forward to seeing your entries.

I am entering this card into the challenge at Paper Sundaes - #59 Stripes
Hugs
Denise xx

12 comments:

WencheP said...

I love it! Fabulous colors!

Hugs,
Wenche

sandiblu said...

Lovely card both, not come across this company before but, i love that dragonfly, so going to pop and have a look see !!

Hugs, sandra xx

Peggysue said...

Gorgeous card Denise! I love the paper you used for the wings. The interior is so pretty too.
Hugs
PeggySue

Vicky said...

I LOVE this card Denise! fab paper piecing and the wings look brill ~ fabulous hun :o)

hugs Vicky xx

Wishcraft said...

Fab card Denise :o) Great colours and I LOVE how you did the wings! Lisa x

Marcy said...

Love your card Denise! Your paper-piecing shows just how versatile these digis are. Adorable!!

Janna said...

Hi Denise! Your card is super lovely, I like the wings of that sweetie so much! TFS Janna

princesskitten said...

He is a super bug - love that clean sharp look

xxxtglxxx said...

I love this cute Dragonfly Denise :)

Great challenge and you have lots of fabulous layers on this. Gorgeous coloring and your inside with the beautiful DP looks amazing.

A super-cute card.

have a great weekend,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Miranda said...

wow Denise, this is just awesome, lovely on the inside too
and great colourcombo
hugs
Miranda

Jo said...

Love your paper piecing!

Basslady said...

what a sweet image!

your design even on the inside of the card is so lovely!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo