Monday, 14 February 2011

LOTV Challenge 84 - A Sketch by Dawny


Have you ever had one of those days when you really want to make a card but just cannot come up with any ideas?  Well I had one of those days today.  I wanted to make a card for the current LOTV challenge but could not make up my mind what to do.  It should have been quite simple really because the lovely Dawn has given us a great sketch to work with and there are some fab DT cards on the blog for inspiration, but no - nothing!!



 I spent hours looking at all the entries and the various blogs I follow that I know have shown LOTV cards, including the obvious - LOTV Ideas to Inspire - but still nothing.  So I did the sensible thing - I walked away, made a coffee and sat down with some chocolate - guaranteed to inspire!!  After some more blog hopping, I came up with this -


The paper is from Nitiwts - Breath of Fresh Air. I really love this paper but do you think I could find a suitable colour card to mat it on? Of course not - aaaarrrgh. So, I settled on drawing faux stitching around the edges just to add some interest.



The image is a new stamp from LOTV Love and Romance collection called Together Forever and is coloured with Promarkers. The hearts were cut on the Cricut and I layered some white organza ribbon onto a strip of the pink paper and voila, finished.  Well, apart from decorating the inside of course.


I am not sure if I am completely happy with it but having spent hours faffing around and wanting to get the card entered into the challenge, I am not going to do any more with it.

Anyway, I hope you like and thank you so much for looking.

Hugs
Denise xx

5 comments:

Vicky said...

Denise this is totally adorable and I love the faux stitching and the fab papers too :o)

I have days like that to hun, but a choccie biscuit is perfect for inspiration lol!

hugs Vicky xx

A Gypsy Angel/Stamperbee said...

What a great card, have a Valentines Day. Hugs, Kim

Maritha said...

Lovely card with lovely colours... =)

Hugs Maritha

sandiblu said...

Beautiful card Denise, the chocolate obviously works !!!! Glad you couldn't find the right card 'cos the faux stitching is perfect.

HUgs, sandra xx

Maria Matter said...

this is so beautiful!!! gorgeous coloring!
hugs