Friday, 18 February 2011

Football Mad



Good Evening All

I hope you are having a pleasant Friday evening and looking forward to the weekend. My card tonight uses a stamp that I bought before Christmas but had not yet inked up.  It is from Papermania's Nostalgia range and is called "Football Mad". I fell in love with this image the moment I saw it - don't know why but it just appealed to me.


I have stamped the image with Memento ink - Rich Cocoa - onto water colour paper and dragged this out with a waterbrush. The check pattern backing paper is one my daughter gave me so cannot tell you the make.  The dotty paper has been created by embossing cream card on the Cuttlebug and then brushing over with the ink. I have then distressed all the edges with the same ink.


The tags were a freebie which I printed out on the computer, cut out and then completely inked with the Memento. Behind them is some cream card cut out on the Cuttlebug and randomly stamped with the just the football.


I decided to make an easel card so have used the check pattern paper and added a strip of cream, again randomly stamped and another ticket.






All in all, I am very pleased with the finished result and I hope you like it too!!

I am going to enter this card into the following challenges :

Stampin for the Weekend - Monochrome
Phindy's Place - Monochrome
Polkadoodles - Chocolate
Creative Inspirations - Distressed
Once again, many thanks for looking and have a great weekend.
Hugs
Denise xx

25 comments:

Suzilou said...

WOW Denise, love this card, stunning infact, that image is lovelly and love the effect with the ink, can understand why you are pleased with it again WOW :) xx

Tine said...

Hi Denise. I can see why you are pleased with your card. Perfect for a football mad lad. Lovely colour choice for it too and a great easel card. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place.
Tine :)

Dorcas said...

Lovely monochrome card! I think any boy would absolutely love it!! Thanks for playing with us at Phindy's.
Hugs,
Dorcas

sandiblu said...

stunning card Denise, the monochrome effect is wonderful !!

Hugs, sandra xx

Vicky said...

Just wonderful Denise and super colour too. Love the sentiments, just perfect for your card and great easel too ~ just perfect :o)

hugs Vicky xx

Tracey said...

Fabulous card Denise, I love that image & the tickets :o)

Thank you so much for playing with us at SFTW & Good Luck!
Hugs
Tracey
x

Kim Piggott said...

Oh this is so gorgeous Denise!
I can see why your like that image, it is perfect!
hugs
kim x

Dori said...

What a wonderful card. It is so unique and eye-catching

Audrey said...

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous! I love everything about it! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.

Colette said...

Great card, love the image,glad you could join us at Polkadoodles this week. Good Luck! Colette xx

Michele said...

Such a wonderful card Denise. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Saskia said...

Beautiful card, the colours are so yummy! Lovely to see your work at Polka Doodles! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

Janna said...

that is really sweet!! Janna

Jenni said...

Love the image and all the tags! Thanks so much for playing along with the challenge this week at Creative Inspirations.
Jenni x

Maria Matter said...

oh I love this Denise!!! Beautifully done hun!
hugs

sallysbitz said...

Awww this is a lovely image. Love the way you have coloured it, never tried this technique myself, but you have inspired me to try it x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

lis-m said...

Love this card , especially the little guy. He is fab!
Thanks for joining us over at Polkadoodles this week.
hugs xx

Anne-Marije said...

What a wonderful card!
Thanks for your participation in the Phindy's PLace challenge...
xxx Anne-Marije

Wishcraft said...

Oh WOW! This is stunning! Love the image and the way you've coloured him - such a fab effect. I love it all, just so gorgeous :o) Lisa x

Daisychain said...

A beautiful card, thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations. Hugs Christine x

Claire Phillips said...

What a fabulous project - love the whole feel of this - brilliant! - thanks for playing along at Polkadoodles this week! Cheers Claire x

Fliss said...

A really cute card. Love the clever sentiment.
Thanks for sharing it with us at Polka Doodles Chocolat challenge and good luck.
x

Tip Top said...

That is wonderful and I agree - a great stamp! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge

Angie's Eye Candy Crafts said...

This is such a wonderfull boy's card! Love how you've done this monochrome. LOVE it!!! :) Huggies, Angie