Thursday, 24 February 2011

DYSU Challenge #8 - Anything Goes


Hello All,

Wow, what a lot of gorgeous entries we had for last week's challenge - DOTS - over at Do You Stack Up. Once again, I had so much fun looking at them all and leaving comments.  You guys are fantastic!!  Congrats to the winners and the top 3.

For this week's challenge our theme is Anything Goes and I am really looking forward to seeing what you all come up wih, BUT before I give you the details, there is some great news to tell.  Each week (from March on) one of our Top 3 picks will have the chance to become a GUEST DESIGNER for DYSU Challenge Blog for an upcoming challenge!


Random.org will choose the guest designer who will have the chance to introduce herself on DYSU Challenge Blog and will also be able to work with one of our sponsor´s products for that week.  How good is that?????


So onto this week's challenge. We have two lovely sponsors again this week and they are:


Black Leak Studios who are giving the lucky winner the Chic Frames Digi Stamp Set.




and Stitchy Bears who are giving our second winner a $10 Gift Certificate to their store.

And below is my offering!





I have used a gorgeous frame  from Blackleaf Studios' Chic Frames Digi Stamp Set which has been printed out onto a pale pink patterned paper - sorry this does not show up in the photo. I have then printed this lovely chandelier which was a freebie I found on the net (sorry, cannot remember where I found it) onto a darker pink version of the paper, cut it out and stuck it in the centre of the frame.



I added small black pearls to the border and the chandelier and a black ribbon to finish it off.  I then printed off a smaller, slightly stretched version of the frame with a Happy Birthday sentiment inside onto the pale pink paper, added a few more pearls and a bow.  Finally, I lined the envelope with the darker paper and there you have it - the completed card and matching envelope!!



As this week's challenge is Anything Goes, you have no excuse for not entering!!!!  I look forward to seeing your entries and leaving a comment and you never know you may be picked to be our very first GUEST DESIGNER!!

Hugs and Happy Crafting
Denise xx

13 comments:

WencheP said...

It's beautiful, love the colors and the pearls.

Hugs,
Wenche

Janna said...

Absolutely adorable card, Denise. So elegant and wonderful colour combo! TFS, Janna

sandiblu said...

Simple and elegant ! Beautiful card with a classic colour combo !

Hugs, sandra xx

Peggysue said...

Knockout card Denise! I love pink with B&W. The chandelier was a great choice to go with the frame. The black pearls are a perfect touch! Super inspiration for the challenge.

Vicky said...

Just gorgeous Denise! fab image, great colour and I love the black pearls ~ just so effective, I love it :o)

hugs Vicky xx

princesskitten said...

love that clean crisp look

Marcy said...

Wow, what an elegant card. The pearls are an awesome touch!! Hugs, Marcy

Miranda said...

great card Denise, the chandelier is fantastic
hugs
Miranda

Wishcraft said...

Such an elegant card, love that frame :o) Lisa x

xxxtglxxx said...

Hi there Denise :)

Wow, thank you so much for visiting my blog and your lovely comments, it made my day.

I love your easel card, the image is very classy and the frames are fantastic. A very elegant and sophisticated card!

Have a great weekend

hugs

xxalisonxx

Kim Piggott said...

Oh what a lovely card Denise!
hugs
kim x

Pat (mspfd) said...

Absolutely beautiful. What a gorgeous image and design. Love the addition of the pearls.

Cheryl said...

Lovely card! I love the design.